Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Girl Scout Trip in the Vacation Planning forums; My Girl Scout Troop wants to take a trip in the next year or so. We're know to not get a lot done so I decided I would take the ...
    Cinderellaluver is offline A-Ticket holder

Girl Scout Trip

My Girl Scout Troop wants to take a trip in the next year or so. We're know to not get a lot done so I decided I would take the planning of the trip into my own hands. I am a huge fan of Disney World and think it would be so much fun to take a trip there. My troop is less convinced. So I have a few questions for you guys that I think will help me convince them that Disney is the place for them.

1. Why should we go to Disney World and not someplace like New York City? This is what they all keep asking me. So I was wondering if you guys had some out of the ordinary reasons of why we should go there. (nothing like, it's fun, rides, etc.)

2. Does Disney have anything special for Girls Scouts or something extra that would be educational so we could make it more of a girl scout trip?

3. Do you think it would be reasonable for 6 girls to be able to earn the money in about a year and like 3 months to pay for them and two adults to go to Disney World for 5?

4. Do you have any tips on making the trip as cheap as we can without staying off property?

5.This one girl in my troop isn't a really big fan of roller coasters and other big rides because they make her sick. Is their any tips you have to make it a fun trip for her especially when all the other girls are on a ride she doesn't want to go on.

If I think of any more questions I will make sure to edit this

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Cinderellaluver; 03-03-2009 at 08:08 PM.

Tigger0503 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Here's the link to the Youth Programs - you can check some stuff out there
    Home | Walt Disney Youth Groups

P.S. My oldest daughter is 15 and still involved in Girl Scouts - they are in the process of finishing up their Silver Award project
    - Shevan - Mom of 3 - Life long Disney fan
    "Walt Disney World -Been there, Done that, Going Back..Again and Again and Again."

"Decide if youíre a Tigger or an Eeyore. Iím a Tigger!"- Randy Pausch - The Last Lecture KEEP MOVING FORWARD

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I think that you should check out the Youth Education Series, they offer four different programs that you can select. Don't really know a whole lot about the program, but the four programs are: Arts & Humanities, Leadership & Careers, Natural Sciences, and Physical Sciences.

The girl in your group that gets sick on big rides/coasters, maybe you will be able to form a second group that won't want to do the the rides that she doesn't want to do and when some of the girls want to ride the big rides/coasters, the other group can ride something else and meet up when the rides/coaster group is done.
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    WDW or NYC for girl scouts? Safety and family friendly would be my first thought. Plenty of educational opportunities touring the countries in Epcot. For lodging, look at rooms next to each other or a family suite at the Value Resort. For more info, checkout AllEars.net for planning. I think you cna raise the money and go.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    I so agree. I'd feel much better about my kid being in Disney than NY City.

Epcot has changed but not so much that there isn't a great deal to learn.

Even the countries. Imagine speaking to CMs in all the different countries about their scouting type groups. What a cultural advantage that would be.

Team work building doing the scavenger hunt.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I so agree. I'd feel much better about my kid being in Disney than NY City.

Epcot has changed but not so much that there isn't a great deal to learn.

Even the countries. Imagine speaking to CMs in all the different countries about their scouting type groups. What a cultural advantage that would be.

Team work building doing the scavenger hunt.
    So totally agree. If I was a parent, I would rather have my child go to Disney then NYC. Plus it is a better learning experience with Epcot and World Showcase, not to mention everything that can be learned about animals in Animal Kingdom.

Found a similar question asked to the Moms panel having to do with working on patch requirements. Maybe it will help a little:Moms Panel | Walt Disney World Resort * I have 2 Girl Scouts, ages 6 and 8, who are excited about our upcoming trip and also eager to earn some patches. Any ideas or suggestions on "Try Its" (or patches) they can earn?
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

Cinderellaluver is offline A-Ticket holder
    that is very true about it being safer then NYC

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: Girl Scout Trip

call disney you can get a better price for your group.
    best place to stay is at pop that is on disney and at certain times of the year better price than staying off site.
    surprised the girls are not into going so manythings to do.
    J&J