Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss The night before wdw... in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi everyone! I'm going back to wdw in July (127 days to go... not that i'm counting! ) and this will be my first trip there with DBF's family including ...
    disney_barbie is offline B-Ticket Holder

The night before wdw...

Hi everyone!

I'm going back to wdw in July (127 days to go... not that i'm counting! ) and this will be my first trip there with DBF's family including his niece who'll be nearly 5 years old and has never been to wdw before!

I've had a nice idea for the night before we leave for orlando.. "wdw eve" ! - i'd like to suprise the rest of the group with a disney-related present each.... but i need a few ideas!

has anyone else done something like this before?

i am thinking of getting our niece a princess costume from the disney store, and maybe disney beach towels for DBF's mom & dad... maybe throw in some kleenex disney tissues, band-aids etc too for everyone?!

any ideas are greatly appreciated!

luv & pixie dust

Barbie

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    That sounds like a really nice idea, I would just keep it small and usable so they can pack it easily, maybe an autograph book for the 5 year old or a trip journal for the parents to document their trip, or maybe disposable cameras.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    How about a small Disney coin purse to put that US cash in to keep it separated from the sterling?
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    The autograph book, maybe one where you can insert a picture on one page, thenautograph the next and a disposable camera are great ideas. You can decorate the autograph book with Disney stickers to give it a Disney look.

Mrs Potts is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I love this idea! We do the same for our "1st visit" guests. We sometimes do www.DisneyFlorist.com - they have something for everyone ($ - $$$$). The look on their face when it's delivered to the room is priceless!
    Disney Dreamin'

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Potts View Post
    I love this idea! We do the same for our "1st visit" guests. We sometimes do www.DisneyFlorist.com - they have something for everyone ($ - $$$$). The look on their face when it's delivered to the room is priceless!

Thanks for the ideas so far everyone!

I am already planning a couple of Disney florist items for when we arrive at wdw (staying at the yacht club!) .. I had one delivered as a suprise for DBF on our last trip and it was beautiful.. plus the look on his face when we walked into the room & it was there was priceless! (i ordered the 'he be a pirate' hamper for him & asked them to add a few princess items for me!)

Barbie x

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    as an avid pin collector maybe you could get the little one a pin to get her started and then have something to continue and remember when shes there... we did that for my little cousins and now they are hooked! we use to get our pins at our local disney store but sadly it is gone and we have to travel to the one the next state over!!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: The night before wdw...

lanyard with a disney pin to help them to trade at disney.
    a autograph book to get autograhs from the characters
    J&J

*update*

Hi!
    just thought i'd let you know i've finished buying things for my disney-eve gifts!
    for the 4 year old.. a cinderella dress (it's reversible, blue ball gown or peasant dress!) and a disney princess activity book for the plane journey.
    for DBF's mom.. pooh bear beach towel & hidden mickey's book, dad.. Cars beach towel & a journal (decorated with silver stars & mickey confetti!), DBF.. a Goofy tshirt & some socks (afraid I had to get these with characters from 'another' orlando theme park, couldn't find any disney ones!).. DBF's little sister... vest top with a hand-sewn Pooh bear on it & pink sequin minnie mouse ears. DBF's older sister... vest top with classic mickey sewn onto it & minnie ears with a pink bow.. and for her DBF.. a Mickey tshirt & socks.
    all done!! also picked up 7 gift boxes from the Disney Store to put all the gifts in!

now, only 75 days to go...

Barbie

podgirl is offline A-Ticket holder

What a lovely idea. Have a super time!

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

there's another theme park in orlando?? I didn't notice haha...

Sounds good!! Have a great trip, and another small in addition idea is a pressed pennies book and a m&m minis container full of Quarter Quarter Penny, Quarter Quarter Penny. Or a pin featuring their favorite character that you can buy really quick in the gift shop when you get there, then have it on their pillow or somewhere when they wake up
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

I am tempted by the Pin idea!

they have recently started selling official Pins in the UK disney stores, and you can even trade with the CMs there, including wdw & disneyland paris pins! the small ones are of the classic/favourite characters & are only £3-5 each (say, $5-8?) ... maybe I'll add a pin to everyone's gift box too!

i am sooo excited about this trip, well, I get excited about every trip to wdw!
    i've booked an Illuminations cruise for the party too which is a suprise.. so hard to keep everything to myself, at least I can share my excitement on this forum!

Barbie