Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Disney Bride - Sea Breeze Point in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello everyone! As many of you know I got engaged this past December (at WDW!) and am planning on getting married this December at WDW! Things are really coming together ...
    fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Talking Disney Bride - Sea Breeze Point TR COMPLETED!

Hello everyone! As many of you know I got engaged this past December (at WDW!) and am planning on getting married this December at WDW! Things are really coming together and I wanted to share with you all my experience as my wedding gets closer.

The Proposal!

We had spent that afternoon visiting some of the WDW resorts looking at the holiday decorations, and had eventually made it to the Boardwalk to look at the gingerbread gazebo.

After looking at the gazebo we wandered out onto the Boardwalk area. Now this particular venture was to serve two purposes (well, it turned into 3 but we'll get to that ) One to go check out the ESPN Club because we were planning on eating there later that week, I'm a HUGE sports fanatic (especially NASCAR and football) and wanted to eat there on Thursday so we could watch the Colts-Jags game. I love all the sports memorabilia they have there (some of it would look great on my walls )

The second reason we were out on the Boardwalk was to check out Sea Breeze Point. When we were planning our trip to WDW we knew we'd have to stop and look at the location, and this was our opportunity. So we walked from the ESPN Club over to the location, which I loved even more after seeing it in person.

As we stood there enjoying the view (it was about 5 o'clock so the sun was starting to go down) Chauncey reaches into his bag and pulls out this book. It turns out to be this scrapbook that he's been working on since we started dating. Every page showed a different thing we had done together (movies, band competitions, a fondue party at his place, etc.) After we had looked through the entire book (and my mom was snapping pictures the entire time) Chauncey said that he had something else he wanted to give me. So he got down on one knee and pulled a ring box out of his pocket, opened it up and asked me to marry him! I had an idea that he might propose, I was still surprised and amazed. Of course I said yes and then after mom took more pictures we called/texted everyone we knew to tell them the wonderful news!

The view

Us looking through the scrapbook

Last edited by fungus_01; 06-10-2010 at 07:56 PM.

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

What's Planned So Far

So what do I have planned at this point? Well I purchased my dress back in September (yes, September!) because I knew it would take a while for it to come in. I talked to the bridal shop and they said it should be in this month! Here's the designer's picture, it's from Forever Yours and I'll be wearing it in ivory:

I didn't want a princess style dress and after looking at different non-ball gown dresses I fell in love with the mermaid/trumpet style gown. I went to Bridal & Formal Inc. in Cincinnati and tried on a ton of dresses and I fell in love with that one. I want to have this old-Hollywood glamour going, so I'm going with soft curls (my hair is right above my shoulders):

and then a birdcage veil

My colors are inspired by the colors in a peacock feather, so I'm going with a sapphire/royal blue (which also goes with my ring) and a jeweled teal/tourquise color. I'm not sure how many bridesmaids I'm having yet, so I'm just going to tell them the two colors and then they can pick the dress they like. But I like these styles:

We haven't had engagement pictures taken yet (we're waiting for it to get warmer outside) but here's some pics of my engagement ring:

And here's my wedding band:

And here's his ring:

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

More planning!

You'd think with doing a small wedding there wouldn't be a lot to do but you'd be surprised!

I'm planning on doing my bouquet and all my bridesmaid's flowers. Since my inspiration is the peacock feather, my bouquet will be ivory roses with peacock feathers and stems with crystals on the end (which I still need to order).

Then I also designed and made our wedding invitations. I'm really happy with how they came out (and so far almost everyone can't believe that I made them which makes me really pleased!)

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    How beautiful. I love the dress, the rings, and the invitations! How amazing! Can't wait to read more.

Even more!

What else? Well Chauncey and I have registered at Macy's, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Crate & Barrel and Disney's Honeymoon Registry! His mom and my mom are throwing me a joint bridal shower in August which should be fun.

We've booked our rooms, we're staying at Pop Century for 5 nights and then moving to Port Orleans French Quarter for another 5 nights! Chauncey's never stayed on property (our trip last December when we got engaged was his first trip to WDW ever!) but I've stayed at Pop before. But we're both excited about POFQ which I was inspired to try after Lou's show about the Port Orleans resorts.

We've also booked Rev. Jack Day as our officiant which I'm excited about, he seems like such a nice man, very grandfatherly. I've also booked hair and make-up. Chauncey and I are doing a photo portrait session at Epcot World Showcase that morning which I'm super excited about but it also means I'll have to get up super early (but it'll be sooooo worth it!)

We've also decided to do a dessert party the night of the wedding at Epcot for Illuminations! Because of the size of our group we're automatically put in Morocco, but still we're both really excited because we know it's something our guests aren't likely to experience ever again. Here's some pics of the location:

I think that's about it for now at least until I get to talk to the people with photography and floral. I'm really excited and will try and keep everyone updated. If you have any questions just ask!

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Everything looks so great!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    How beautiful. I love the dress, the rings, and the invitations! How amazing! Can't wait to read more.
    Hi Gae! So glad you stopped by!

Quote Originally Posted by lilo88 View Post
    Everything looks so great!!
    Thanks Tiffany!

flutter is offline Moderator
    cool...I wanna go

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    What a great place for the dessert party! I love Morocco. I saw something on Disney Weddings that was beautiful over at Italy but I can't WAIT to see how beautiful this turns out!

Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    cool...I wanna go
    You never know....

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    What a great place for the dessert party! I love Morocco. I saw something on Disney Weddings that was beautiful over at Italy but I can't WAIT to see how beautiful this turns out!
    Thanks Gae! I kinda like the idea of Morocco cause it's one of the pavilions we don't usually spend a lot of time in, so this will give us a new perspective.

Chauncey says I can come lol

Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    Chauncey says I can come lol
    Let's just say we're not saying absolutely no quite yet

I'm kidding...he didn't say that

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    This all looks so wonderful! The portrait sesson at Epcot and the dessert party during Illuminations will be amazing! I love the peacock colors you chose. Very beautiful! Congratulations!!
    Eeyoregirl13

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast