Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss way to long since our last trip in the Vacation Planning forums; We are making our first trip to WDW since 1989 in 3 weeks.We will be there Apr 7-14.We are staying on site and have all our dinner ADR's.What I am ...
    wizmo2 is offline A-Ticket holder

way to long since our last trip

We are making our first trip to WDW since 1989 in 3 weeks.We will be there Apr 7-14.We are staying on site and have all our dinner ADR's.What I am looking for from you WDW veterans is advice on Breakfast places (WE will not have any children,other than ourselves),the best coffee on property(My wife works for a big coffee company so we are addicted) and must see ideas during our afternoon down time.We have rented a car so we have flexibility to move about.Its our 30th anniversary trip and your suggestions will make it something memorable

BusDriver is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: way to long since our last trip

I am not a big coffe afficianado, so I can't help much in that department. Howeever, there is a thread on here pertaining to the best coffee on property. Look for that.

As for breakfast, depends on what resort you are in and which park you are going to. I enjoy stopping at the Main Street Bakery when I go to the Magic Kingdom. I also generally travel with kids, so we tend to grab a character meal for breakfast. I have done those even without kids, as the buffets are great. I will be at WDW the latter half of that same week, staying at POFQ.

I really enjoy breakfast at Olivia's in Old Key West. You could check out the various menus on allears.net to see which meals interest you.

Let me know what were plans are and I will try & help more.
    My Dream Job - WDW Bus Driver

1975 - First Visit; 1985 High School Band Trip; 1986 Grad Night; 1992 First Visit with two oldest daughters; 1997 First Visit with Son; 1998 Joined DVC; 2003 First Visit with Twins

Many visits staying at Old Key West, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Disney Institute & All Star Sports

Bus Driver...Thanks for the Olivia's idea,had not given a Character Breakfast much thought,but that doesn't mean I'm against it! We are staying at AS Music the whole stay,4-7 at AK,ADR Spoodles 7:45,4-8 MK ADR The Wave 7:15,4-9 Studios,ADR,Whispering Canyon 7:45,4-10 Epcot,ADR Shuttles 7:35,4-11MK ADR 8:30 Ohana's,4-12 Epcot,ADR Le Cellier 6:30,4-13 Studios/AK,ADR Cape May 7:00,4-14No Plans,. Flight out of Jacksonville at 7:00 PM.My wife and I are early risers so early Breakfasdt no problems,we will take a mid afternoon break daily.No other firm plans and the park rotation is subject to change if a great idea comes across.Many Thanks

Here is the link to the Best Coffee thread. It is in the Ask the Experts section if the link mdoesn't work.

coffee at WDW

1975 - First Visit; 1985 High School Band Trip; 1986 Grad Night; 1992 First Visit with two oldest daughters; 1997 First Visit with Son; 1998 Joined DVC; 2003 First Visit with Twins

Many visits staying at Old Key West, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Disney Institute & All Star Sports

tiggerwannabe is offline ~Disney is my Therapy~

Thumbs up Re: way to long since our last trip

Quote Originally Posted by wizmo2 View Post
    We are making our first trip to WDW since 1989 in 3 weeks.We will be there Apr 7-14.We are staying on site and have all our dinner ADR's.What I am looking for from you WDW veterans is advice on Breakfast places (WE will not have any children,other than ourselves),the best coffee on property(My wife works for a big coffee company so we are addicted) and must see ideas during our afternoon down time.We have rented a car so we have flexibility to move about.Its our 30th anniversary trip and your suggestions will make it something memorable
    Kona Cafe at the Poly is the first place that came to my mind

Kona is supposidly one of the best coffees in the world donchaknow :: aaand, they have tonga toast~

AKL/Boma for the pressed coffee and buffet breakfast ...

Have a great trip!

(and I've had the nerve to complain it's been a year since my last time down)
    °O° cj/nj °O°

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

After 10 years of getting kids through college,life (And even the economy) threw us a bone.Pluto has to share that bone.3 weeks and counting !!!!!

Since you will be celebrating your 30th, don't forget to let them know when you check in, or you can add that to your reservations on-line. You can get a few extra perks. Also, stop in at guest relations for a special pin that will get you perks in the parks from the CM's.