Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss New ideas of things to do in the Vacation Planning forums; We're planning a trip to WDW in May. We will be staying at Pop Century for 5 days. We'll only be going into 2 of the parks. I want some ...
    Rgjad is offline B-Ticket Holder

Question New ideas of things to do

We're planning a trip to WDW in May. We will be staying at Pop Century for 5 days. We'll only be going into 2 of the parks. I want some ideas of other things we can do while we are there. I have some ideas but would like some input from everyone else. Maybe someone will give me an idea I haven't thought of. Hope to hear from everyone soon.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Go to one of the Minigolf courses...they are a lot of fun! I really like Winter Summerland Golf.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    DisneyQuest if you have children

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I have never been to it, but Disney Quest might be good.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Go for a tour of other resorts'

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    I have heard that there is a nightly campfire and movies at Fort Wilderness that anyone staying at a WDW resort can come to.

Click on the campfire program under Fort Wilderness.

WDW Activities

There are many other great activities listed on this site like boating and biking.

Enjoy!

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    If you've never tried it before, renting those little sea raycers and zipping all around seven seas lagoon is a blast. You can rent at the Polynesian, Contemporary, or Wilderness Logde (and maybe Ft. Wilderness - double check) and an hour is plenty of time for a good ride in both Bay Lake and the Lagoon.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

QuickGold is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Go "Pool Hopping"

peterpan1106 is offline A-Ticket holder
    We like to go to other resorts and sample the atmosphere! That's how we became hooked on the Beach/Yacht Club.
    Back to Disney for Super Soap Weekend!

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    I personally love the putt putt courses. We have ended up playing at least one game on our last few trips! Also, try heading to the boardwalk one afternoon. Maybe you can have dinner over there or rent a bike to ride along the boardwalk. It's a really nice atmosphere as well.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Don't forget some shopping in Downtown Disney! I have to drag my mother away from there every trip!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

the free garden tour at the yacht & beach club

the free tours of the architecture at the Wilderness Lodge

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    There are tons of free things that you can do in and around Disney World. If you like I'll email you one of our chapters- 101 Free and Cheap Things to Do.

Some of the simple things are:

Ride the monorail.

Watch the fireworks- From the Ticket and Transportation Center, you can see and hear the fireworks display. A good place to view the festivities is by the Ferry entrance. The music and narration is piped into the area and it is free!! Be sure to also catch the Electrical Water Pageant.

Downtown Disney!- Go to the many shops, catch a free outdoor concert, be in a total Disney atmosphere for free. It's almost like being in one of the parks.

Go to the Boardwalk- Go to the ESPN Zone, visit the shops, dance at the Atlantic Dance Hall (free admission), go to the second floor of the Boardwalk Inn and watch Illuminations, or just walk into Epcot at 9 o'clock at watch the fireworks there. Most of the time you can go right into Epcot by means of the International Gateway and either see the fireworks or at least be able to walk around the park for an hour before the park officially closes.

Fort Wilderness- Yes, you can watch movies and have a marshmallow roast every night. You can buy the marshmallows there or you can bring your own. Other activities at Fort Wilderness include- pony rides, a petting zoo, hiking trails, watch a Blacksmith work, and see the draft horses.

Ride the Ferries from resort to resort and to different parks. Grab a bus and see everything that is available at Disney World. Take in a free DVC tour and breakfast. There are lots of things to do at all of the resorts. Resort hopping is by far one of the best ways to spend your downtime.

I hope these suggestions helped out. If I didn't cover enough, I know that the guys here probably know some more unique things to do. Have fun!
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Do a tour of the Animal Kingdom Lodge. If I remember correctly, they have information sheets on the artwork you can find all throughout the hotel. You could also follow it up with the dessert only option at Boma!

Also, I know this sounds crazy, but I enjoy going to the movies at Downtown Disney. Ok, yes, a lot of it is the popcorn. But it's also that we don't go to the movies often and it's a nice cool place to sit for a couple of hours outside of the hot sun!
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast