Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Tips for MVMCP... in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey there! I went to WDW last year in December from the 8-15. Stupid me, i totally forgot about mousefest.... Anyway, we attended Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party twice when ...
    Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Post Tips for MVMCP...

Hey there! I went to WDW last year in December from the 8-15. Stupid me, i totally forgot about mousefest.... Anyway, we attended Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party twice when I was there. It was just me and my dad. I have some tips for anyone who plans to go, so that they hopefully had a better experience than we did.

Tip 1: LISTEN TO LOU AND DO NOT DO NOT try to spend the whole day at the MK, and then expect just stay for the christmas party. I can guaurentee than only the fittest, most perserverant, well tempered, never tiring, superman-like people can do this. We thought we could do this (repeat after me: Always take lou's advice from the shows...Always take lou's advice from the shows...) and we ended up being very tired and somewhat worn out and grumpy for the night, and the next day of the trip. Although thinking back on it, it was all really magical, we didn't have the best time that we could have, and this happened both times. BE RESTED AND READ TO HAVE THE BEST TIME YOU CAN.

Tip 2: Put the camera down, you don't need to take a picture every 5 seconds. Many of the events during the party are Hard to photograph. There are always pictures online of the parades, etc. Take a few pictures of the castle, and MAYBE any other events that you feel like taking a few pictures of. Maybe Limit yourself to photopass only. I am one to take pictures every 2 feet, and I was getting really upset and frusturated, and was too busy messing around with pictures and feelings that I didn't really watch and enjoy alot of the things.

Tip(s) 3:
    Get your seats for shows ( stage shows and parades etc.) early.

Make sure to check with a several cast members, not just one, if where you are planning to sit for the parade is ok. We were sitting in an awesome spot, we even asked a CM if we could sit there and they said yes. We were then promptly kicked out of the spot 5 minutes before the second showing of the parade started, so that there were no spaces anywhere for us. For parade viewing: If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Have fun, and be in a Christmas mood.

I know, I made it seem like I hated MVMCP, but I really kind of ruined it for myself, and I don't want to see anyone have a sort of bad time like I did.

It can be an amazingly magical fun time if you follow my tips, Do your homework before you go, and most important of all... Repeat after me a few more times... "Always take Lou's advice from the shows...Always take Lou's advice from the shows..."

Have an awesome time.... after all, it's only 17 months away!!
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Tips for MVMCP...

Thanks for the tips... it can be hard at WDW, but I find the best one is relax and enjoy what you are doing at the time, not think about what comes next.

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder

Those are all really great tips! I have one of my own to share as well:

Most tips you will read says that the later shows will be much less crowded than the earlier ones. Where this is true, don't expect the park to be completely dead and if you show up to the last show/parade of the night 5 minutes before it's supposed to start because you think no one will be there, you will probably get turned away.
    ~Ashleigh

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

also very good tips thanks for adding, I hope this helps people!! Anyone that is going---Have a great time! I can be fun, as long as you.... Listen to Lou...Listen to Lou...Listen to Lou...Listen to Lou... haha!
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

bety is offline Disney World Beast

I am probably superwoman then because I was at the Magic Kingdom from the time it opened until the time it closed after the Christmas party, and I loved every second of it. I didn't get tired or bored or annoyed at all.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music