Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss How do you spend your time at the Polynesian? in the Vacation Planning forums; Many of you are big fans of the Polynesian. I will be staying there in July with wife and 2 sons ages 14/10 for 5days/ 4nights. I have never stayed ...
    gladstone23 is offline A-Ticket holder

How do you spend your time at the Polynesian?

Many of you are big fans of the Polynesian. I will be staying there in July with wife and 2 sons ages 14/10 for 5days/ 4nights. I have never stayed deluxe before. Only second time visiting WDW. I am trying to gauge how much time a should dedicated to enjoying just the resort . For example, can I relax at night by the pool with my family are is it overrun with guests? So... what are your favorite things to do at the resort that enhance your vacation? How would you balance your time schedule wise between the parks/resort during this peak summer month?
    Last edited by gladstone23; 04-04-2009 at 03:08 PM. Reason: grammar

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: How do you spend your time at the Polynesian?

I ended up spending my stay at the Polynesian in a wheelchair with a broken ankle, but originally we intended to hang out in the hammocks near the beach and spent a bit of time at the pool. It never was really busy when we were there.

The Polynesian also has hula dancing lessons as well as a nightly torch lighting ceremony along with some other activities that are planned at the resort. Once you check in and they give you all your paperwork, there will be a paper with all the resorts planned activities.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

Joel&Bee is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thumbs up Re: How do you spend your time at the Polynesian?

June/July is the best time time to stay at a Deluxe monorail resort as the heat and crowds in the parks are crazy between noon and 4pm. Hit the Magic Kingdom or Epcot at opening then hop on the monorail back to the Polynesian at about noon and enjoy the pool, lunch spots, and mouse boat rental at the resort until 5 or so when the crowds start to thin out the parks. Monorail resorts are awesome during peak season. Have fun!
    Last edited by Joel&Bee; 04-06-2009 at 06:23 PM.

Joel playing bass with The Tropicals in Animal Kingdom:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuf8R7zVt1M

gladstone23 is offline A-Ticket holder

Hey guys! Nice picture. That is great advice! I was very concerned about where to have breakfast if I have to get to the parks around 8AM or so...but, I just found out that Captain Cook's opens at 6:30AM so that helps out a lot. Your comments are very reassuring about my decision!

bethinthesun is offline A-Ticket holder

Spend afternoons at the Poly pool during park break and nap time and at least one evening near the pool (bar) to watch Wishes and the Electric Water Parade.
    You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas.

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

we took the boat the two different ones to MK nice to do. watch the fireworks from ther beach.
    J&J