Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Evening EMH Opinion in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello Everyone, Traveling to WDW July 8-12. Staying at the Polynesian. My boys are 14 &10. There are evening EMH that week at the Kingdom and Epcot. Should these hours ...
    gladstone23 is offline A-Ticket holder

Evening EMH Opinion

Hello Everyone,
    Traveling to WDW July 8-12. Staying at the Polynesian. My boys are 14 &10. There are evening EMH that week at the Kingdom and Epcot. Should these hours be avoided as advocated in the "Unofficial Guide" book? Or, will they give us decent access to some attractions? What is your opinion?

Andrewgator is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Evening EMH Opinion

It depends on your objectives during extra magic hours. If you are expecting no crowds and very short wait times you will be dissapointed. This used to be the case years ago but with more and more guests staying onsite now, I have found that the wait times during evening extra magic hours don't start to lessen until the last half hour or so. They do however give you more time to tour the parks. Get their early for headliners take a break at somepoint in the day, and then if you need to EMH are there to finish up the stuff you didn't get to do during the day. Just my $.02.

One exception, recently on a fantasmic night at the studios I was able to get on Toy Stoy Mania in about 20 minutes despite the posted 50 min wait. But you are going to the Epcot and MK so this doesn't matter haha.

Good Luck!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Even during the summer, I typically plan to tour the park that had EMH the night prior. FOr instance, if MK had EMH on Friday night, we'll visit MK on Saturday. The crowds seem to be mor managebale this way and we get to do everything we want.

ginnyfavers is offline B-Ticket Holder

If you can stay until the end of evening EMH at Epcot & the MK, the very last 30 minutes you will be able to walk on, or nearly walk on, to most of the big attractions. Unfortunately, that will only give you time to do one or two, with low lines.

The rest of the evening, plan on seeing less popular things, doing some shopping.
    Amanda, Joe & Miles
    Planning my next trip way way way too far in advance...

"I met the love of my life on the Seven Seas Lagoon"

JLWilkes3RD is offline A-Ticket holder

For EMH hours I'll usuallly do a park like AK or DHS during the day then do EMH at MK at night... It's a little crowded but it allows for you to stretch the magic out for a little longer
    "You can't run away from trouble. There ain't no place that far."- Uncle Remus "Song of the South"

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder

To me, the parks have a different form of magic at night. Unless you feel that the boys are too young to stay up late, it's great fun just to be in the park. Get a snack and enjoy the ambience and music and people. Talk to some cast members. Some of my favorite night activities:

In MK ride Thundermountain at night, it's a different ride at night.

In Epcot, get a coffee and pastry at the Norwegian pavillion and walk the showcase at night one last time.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

I may be the only person - but I always have amazing luck at evening EMH!! Particularly if the park has a late closing to begin with. The best time was when the Magic Kingdom was open until 3AM over New Years week -- by 2Am, we had the place to ourselves, and rode anything and everything!!
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

One thing to remember during EMH at night during July especially: it's perhaps the coolest time of day! Even if there is a slight wait, it'll be much more comfortable!

We did morning EMH and I couldn't get over how much we accomplished!

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

whatwasithinkin is offline A-Ticket holder

Ive only been into MK 1 time after dark and it was very cool. It was very busy also, so long lines everywhere. But if you have the patience to wait, I found that TMRR and Splash Mt seam like compleatly different rides at night and worth the wait times.

If hitting rides is what you want to do, stay away from the light parade and hit the rides. Way shorter lines during the parades.

I have found that Epcot at night is more casual and relaxed then MK is.