Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Catching a taxi in the Vacation Planning forums; My Fiance and I are staying our honeymoon at The Raddison Resort Parkway. We really want to enjoy everything the parks have to offer. Getting there early and staying late. ...
    gcoxua is offline A-Ticket holder

Catching a taxi

My Fiance and I are staying our honeymoon at The Raddison Resort Parkway. We really want to enjoy everything the parks have to offer. Getting there early and staying late. The problem is the shuttles leave the hotel starting at 8:30. We want to get there earlier. So here is my question. How hard is it to catch a cab down around the orlando area. Especially leaving the parks if our shuttle back to the Hotel is full. Also what time would you suggest us getting to the MK? We want to be there when the parks open and close the parks down at night. Any help in these areas would be great. Thank you so much!!
    June 19, 2005 begins my week in the most wonderful place on earth. I can't wait!! :mickey:

First of all, Congratulations on your upcoming marriage and to DWT! How long will you be in Orlando for your Honeymoon? I will definitely suggest looking into renting a car if you are planning on paying for taxi rides back and forth from the parks. The taxi fares will add up VERY quickly! Did you considering staying on WDW property? All transportation is included with room stay. My Husband and I spent our Honeymoon at WDW 7 years ago and we had the absolute best time!!!!! Enjoy!

the whole trip is booked and paid for. If I had to do it over again I would definately be staying on property. In answer to you question though we are staying six nights we have the five day park hopper pass. I am not too worried about getting back to the hotel from the park, they have plenty leaving at night, but I was wondering the best time to get to the park and taxi fare.
    June 19, 2005 begins my week in the most wonderful place on earth. I can't wait!! :mickey:

flutter is offline Moderator
    I just quickly looked at the Alamo site..not knowing your exact days and time, but you should be able to get a mid size car for around $110..that was the 19th- the 25th of June that was without any coupon

Congrats on Wedding and have a great trip

flutter is offline Moderator
    park usually opens at 9am.....you should probably try to be there about 8:30
    sorry don't know about taxi fare

thanks...renting a car is a hassle I don't really want to deal with. We talked a while about that and decided it wasn't for us. Thanks for the advice though

I just looked back and saw the date of your arrival...that just happens to be the same day that we are arriving for 9 days! Our trip is booked, but we may have to delay and reschedule due to a family thing that has come up, but I am still keeping my fingers crossed that it will work out and we will be able to go! We will be celebrating my Son's 5th birthday and my Husbands 40th!

that is a lot going on all at once I hope that your trip works out and everyone has a great time!!