Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Food and Wine festival crowds? in the Vacation Planning forums; We are finally getting to go during the Food and Wine Festival! Yay! I've always wanted to go! I am wondering though, how crowded does it get. It starts on ...
    Mtnthumper is offline A-Ticket holder

Food and Wine festival crowds?

We are finally getting to go during the Food and Wine Festival! Yay! I've always wanted to go! I am wondering though, how crowded does it get. It starts on 9/25 Friday this year. We are leaving the sunday after. Which day would be the better choice to spend the day there? Friday - the first day of the festival or Saturday?
    "If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." ~ Walt Disney
    Life just isnt the same with out Disney!

WDW-1991,1999,2000,2002,2005 (twice), 2006,2007,2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, May 2012
    My Favorites:
    Port Orleans Riverside (Bob Jackson!)
    Reglan Road Patio

Polynesian Resort
    WDWcrazy in "the box"

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Food and Wine festival crowds?

The weekends are always more crowded during the week because of locals. I personally would pick Sunday over Saturday or Friday.

I love F&W!

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

emilyrose0507 is offline A-Ticket holder

The Crowds are a little smaller on Sundays. I hope that you enjoy your self were going to be there 10/22-10/29 and love the food and wine. Have a great time.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

The crowds are much greater on the weekends, and the first day is usually a bit frantic because the temporary kiosks are still working out their kinks. Getting all the computers to talk to one another is not an easy task. If Friday and Saturday are your only choices, then I'd recommend Saturday. We found that buying an item and splitting it in two, so dh and I each could sample it, worked quite well. We got to try more items before we were full. I wish there were more areas where you could sit and eat. Balancing food and a drink can be a challenge.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder

That is tough... as Mini V pointed out, day 1 there are still kinks to iron out; however on the plus side, I imagine the crowd would be less during the day & pick up at night when local folks get out of work & head over. So if you are paying cash & can avoid computer transactions Friday day may be good?

Saturday I'd think will be busy all day w/local folks who are coming in to enjoy as well as the regular WDW guests.

You may also want to double check the Eat to the Beat concerts... if someone very popular is playing one night that may draw in bigger crowds too.

That said - we were there over Columbus Day weekend last year & even w/the marathon that weekend, we didn't have any problems. DH & I made it around WS and sampled just about everything we wanted to try in 1 day.
    Zima-Cheryl

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

If it's really just a choice between Friday or Saturday - I would pick Friday. Not only is it wall to wall people around the World Showcase on Saturdays during the festival, I have noticed a larger amount of people who have had waaay too much wine and not enough food, if you know what I mean. In fact Saturday evenings can become quite undisney like with drunken behavior.

The best time to visit the Food & Wine Festival is during the week!! I'll be down for ten days during the festival this year, but I won't go near Epcot on the weekends while I'm there!
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!

hardingk is offline A-Ticket holder

Does the F&W Festival always start on the last Friday in September every year?

wdwkid32 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Smile Re: Food and Wine festival crowds?

The crowds were not that bad I was just in WDW and there was not any stands where thre was a huge line. The ones that did though were Montreal, cork, and chile.

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

We hit some terrible crowds when we were there on the Saturday. It was 10/17. I think it had a lot to do with the weather, it was just a gorgeous day and from what I understand the first of the season to not be ridiculously hot & humid. But seriously, the crowds at Epcot on that Sunday were worse than the day after Christmas. The Friday before (10/16) wasn't nearly as bad.

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle