Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Planning Book? in the Vacation Planning forums; Planning our trip to DW for september and looking for the best information book - any ideas? Taking my mom (60) and son (9) with me. Mom is in EW ...
    we3are1 is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Planning Book?

Planning our trip to DW for september and looking for the best information book - any ideas?
    Taking my mom (60) and son (9) with me.
    Mom is in EW and 9 yr old is allergic to dairy.
    any tips are appreciated!
    headed to Pop Century 9/12/2009
    past trips to DW
    1997 - All Star Music - honeymoon
    89, 85, 82, 79, 76, & 73 off site

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka

Re: Planning Book?

I really like the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World. It is the most comprehensive, unbiased book that I have come across.

http://www.amazon.com/Unofficial-Gui...6649198&sr=8-1
    Last edited by nicks10; 07-03-2009 at 04:26 PM.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder

If you're looking for a good online source. I recommend Allears.net. My friends have found it to be a BIG help in planning their trips here and I use it as a reference source every once it a while
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

whatwasithinkin is offline A-Ticket holder

Whenever I was making plans to visit WDW, I relied on the unofficial guide and Fodors. But now there are lots of online sites like this one that you can read for free and get much more up to date info on whats open/closed or opinions of Epcot eateries or whatever.

Things to plan on or think about in September.

still very hot and humid and can rain almost daily from 4-6pm

Potential of hurricanes are fairly high.

Early to mid Sept things crowds can get heavy with families cramming in that last bit of summer before school starts. Mid to late sept, crowds lighten up.

And if you happen to pick a busy time to go and the weather is warm/sticky my best advice is get up early and beat the crowds. If your staying on property use the open early option to your advantage. Lots of times you can litterly walk right onto rides that you would wait in line for 2 hours, just a few hours after the park officially opens.

Lots of things to do in Epcot in the evenings. The rides area can be very quiet in the venings at Epcot, so good time to do them then. Then lots of street performers in the worlds fair area to keep you entertained at night. If MK is open at night or has extended hours, go then. Its quite alot of fun to se the place at night.

#1 thing is to have patience with everything WD. Go with the flow and dont push yourselves to hard. When its hot, children get cranky and adults get even more so it seams, or has been my experience. And if its crowded all that gets even more magnified. Sometimes there are shortages on pixxy dust. Combine that with a whole lot of magic and its easy to get overwhelmed by it all.