Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Christmas Trip in the Vacation Planning forums; This Christmas my dad and I are going down to Disney World for a 8 day stay at the Port Orleans Riverside resort. The dates are Decemeber 19 through the ...
    KristenGwyn2006 is offline A-Ticket holder

Christmas Trip

This Christmas my dad and I are going down to Disney World for a 8 day stay at the Port Orleans Riverside resort. The dates are Decemeber 19 through the 26th. I was wondering if anyone knew any deals or discounts we could use? We would really apprciate it Thank you!
    Walt Disney World Trips
    August 1999-Offsite
    July 2006-Offsite
    June 2007- POR
    June 2008- POR
    July 2010- POR

...Hakuna Matata...
    It means no worries

whatwasithinkin is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Christmas Trip

Best bet is get some quotes from reputable travel agents.

Ive never been that time of year, but its my understanding that the Christmas/New Years week is the busiest week of the year at WDW.

IF thats the case book it ASAP.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

There were some rates that came out in November of last year for Mid December but I dont think there are normally many discounts for that time of year.

It is a very busy time of year but beautiful. Enjoy!

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder

I agree. Since Christmas Eve through New Year's day is the most popular time to go to WDW, the deals will probably be sparse. Therefore, I would book through a travel agent. MouseFan Travel is the travel agency that is talked about a lot on these forums and throughout the Disney community, so that may be a good place to start. A good Disney travel agency will apply any deals that may come up from the time of booking to when you leave for vacation and credit you the money you will save. Given these two factors, a Disney travel agent will be the best route to take.

If you don't want to book through a travel agent, a good place to start to look for deals is MouseSavers.com - Disney Discount Source - Disney World Discounts, Disneyland Discounts, Disney Cruise Discounts . Sign yourself up for their newsletter and check the site frequently to get the best deals.

Like I said - deals will be sparse this time of year, but since this isn't the best year for the economy, you may get a break. The other good news is that you'll be checking in on the 19th. If Disney DOES run a promotion (special room rate, etc) in December and it ends on a day on or after you arrive, you should be able to get the promotion for the duration of your trip. For example, Disney hypothetically runs a promotion from December 10th - 19th. As long as you check in on the 19th, you will get that special deal or price throughout your trip. Of course, not all deals are like this and you'll have to read the fine print, so that's why a reputable Disney travel agent is the best way to go.
    ~Ashleigh

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Like most people said there isn't a whole lot of big deals that WDW offers during their busy season. We usually book in October b/c that when prices are a little cheaper. Get a few quotes and buy soon!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!