Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Which day of the week to take DD to MK? Sorry this is long! in the Vacation Planning forums; We are heading down to WDW the last week of October - Saturday to Saturday - with my mom and our two daughters, who will be 4 and a half ...
    AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder

Which day of the week to take DD to MK? Sorry this is long!

We are heading down to WDW the last week of October - Saturday to Saturday - with my mom and our two daughters, who will be 4 and a half and 10 months. My husband and I will be attending MNSSHP on Sunday night, without the kids because I have never gotten to stay at the MK until midnight before.

Here's the issue, when would be the best day for us to take the girls to the MK? This will be their first time at the MK and I am really excited for our 4 year old to experience everything. We are not staying on property - renting a house instead - so we can't take advantage of any extra-magic hours. Saturday is our arrival day, Sunday is MNSSHP and that would be a very long day for my husband and I to be at the MK. And I've heard Mondays are very crowded at the MK, but I hate to wait until Tuesday to go to the MK. We are also planning to take the girls to AK and the Hollywood Studios, but I kind of wanted the MK to be her first park.

What do you think would be the best way to do this? Just buck up and go on Monday and deal with the crowds? We went to do the BBB with her and also a meal at CRT, so it will be a big day.

Ack, I love planning these trips, but I'm also stumped as to which day to do what!
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Which day of the week to take DD to MK? Sorry this is long!

Touring Plans.com only has a months worth of crowd calendar up (through late August), but they seem to consistantly list Monday & Wednesday as best day for MK.

When you get closer (I think they post 30 days free... morre than that & you have to subscribe to the site) you could double check. But that may be a good starting point for your planning.
    Zima-Cheryl

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

As long as you stay away from the Magic Kingdom on the weekend, you should really not have too much of a problem. October is a great time to visit the parks, and there shouldn't be crazy crowds during the week.

Be sure to get your MNSSHP tickets soon (if you haven't done so already) The parties closest to Halloween often sell out!
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!

AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder

Thanks so much for the advice! I feel much better now about taking the girls to the MK on Monday. We have already bought our tickets for MNSSHP and I'm SO incredibly excited about it. Even if we have to stay at the park until midnight and then wake up the next morning to take the girls back, it will be so worth it!
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

whatwasithinkin is offline A-Ticket holder

In all my trips to MK , Sunday is without any doubt the day to visit without crowds. I usually go in November, but did go once in October and it was the same. MK on Sunday am is like a ghost town till almost noon.

But sounds like Sunday am dosent realy work well.

Again my experience was that Mondays were generally low key as well. But the time of year you going, it realy shouldnt be to busy any day of the work week. Saturdays can be a busy day.

But on almost any day, the best way to get a jump on any potential crowd is getting up and moving early. Be standing at the entrance of MK at least 20 minutes before advertised opening and you will have a good chance to hop on any ride in the place with minimul to no waiting. I have found that by 11-12am is when its seems that guests are coming out of no where and it starts getting busy.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

When I look at which day to go to which park, I use the general rule of avoid Morning EMH and follow the Evening EMH. For example, if MK has Evening EMH on Friday, we'll go to MK on Saturday. A lot of resort guests will take advantage of EMH, but do not return to the same park two days in a row. With that in mind, if the current EMH schedule remains constant in the fall, you migh try the following:
    Sat: MK
    Sun: DS
    Mon: MK
    Tue: DS with Fantasmic
    Wed: Epcot
    Thu: AK (PH to DS for Fantasmic)
    Fri: Epcot
    Sat: MK

Have a great trip.