Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Talk to me about breakfast in the MK before the park opens in the Vacation Planning forums; The day we are hoping to take our daughter to the MK for the first time, the park opens at 9am. We'd like to do breakfast there before the park ...
    AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder

Talk to me about breakfast in the MK before the park opens

The day we are hoping to take our daughter to the MK for the first time, the park opens at 9am. We'd like to do breakfast there before the park opens and I'm wondering how early we could do Crystal Palace. Once we finish breakfast, if it's still before 9am, what happens then? How close can we get to Fantasyland before it opens? I don't want to be an obnoxious commando parent, but I'd love to get some of Fantasyland done early before it gets way crowded. Fortunately that day the EMH's are in the evening, but I'm still wanting to get there, eat breakfast, and get to some of the big attractions right away.

Thanks for any tips you can give me!
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Talk to me about breakfast in the MK before the park opens

I've done it two different ways.
    The first time I went I took my dance team. I think our reservation was for 8:30 and the park opened at 9. We were not done eating by the time the park was open. WE just went out and joined in the fun.
    This last time it was my sister and one of my friends. Our ressie was at 8 park opened at 9. I think we were done around 8:45. You can walk to the entrance of the land and join the other people waiting in line. We wanted to go to Tomorrowland and they had a rope up holding people back till 0.

I LOVE going to eat before the park opens. Nothing beats walking down a Main Street that's almost all to your self.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by AllieBee View Post
    The day we are hoping to take our daughter to the MK for the first time, the park opens at 9am. We'd like to do breakfast there before the park opens and I'm wondering how early we could do Crystal Palace. Once we finish breakfast, if it's still before 9am, what happens then? How close can we get to Fantasyland before it opens? I don't want to be an obnoxious commando parent, but I'd love to get some of Fantasyland done early before it gets way crowded. Fortunately that day the EMH's are in the evening, but I'm still wanting to get there, eat breakfast, and get to some of the big attractions right away.

Thanks for any tips you can give me!
    DH & I use this trick all the time. The nice thing is if you get an 8/8:15 ADR you can usually catch all the characters, enjoy your breakfast & be out right about 9am. Of course to be safe, be sure to tell your server you hope to be out by 9a on the dot - that way they know it is okay to bring the check over early & they will do what they can to help you get out & get your day started.
    Much past 8:15 or so and you really don't have enough time to eat, enjoy the characters & beat the crowd.

What the early ADR buys you is that you are past the gates & some distance down Main Street when the park officially opens, so you get a slight jump on the crowd still waiting to get in. We usually do Adventureland first, but find we get in 1 or 2 rides before we notice things really starting to pick up. I'd recommend that you pick a couple (2/3) rides that are "must do" and hit those first. From what I understand Dumbo & Peter Pan get backed up pretty early & stay that way all day so maybe hit those first? Or swing by & fast pass Buzz before hitting 2 or 3 in Fantasy Land? There are many, many options, but just think about what is most important to you & then plan that for the first 2 or 3 things to do.

I'd say skip rides like the merry-go-round or Small World. They seem to run pretty well all day (waits never seem too long to me anyhow) so no point hitting those if you know you won't have a problem w/them later. Use that small window to hit the high volume/long wait attractions.

I honestly wouldn't expect to get more than 3 things in before the crowd starts to catch up to you. So do what you can (even if it is only 1 or 2), be grateful you got that done & then relax and just enjoy the rest of your day.
    Zima-Cheryl

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

If Fantasyland is your #1 destination, then try for an 8 ADR so you are ready at 9 for the park. Grab a FP for Peter Pan and go ride Dumbo. After Dumbo, head to Pooh's Playful spot followed by Snow White's Scary Adventure. Ride It's a Small World and the Carousel. If your FP for PP is before or at 10, ride PP or "bank" the FP for later and head down to Toontown if you want character autographs early. Either way, you should be able to experience Fantasyland and Toontown before lunch.