Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Fitting in Pool Time in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi all! Going to WDW for 4 days in September with a friend who has never been to the World before. I've been a few times and am one of ...
    Mel Got Served is offline A-Ticket holder

Fitting in Pool Time

Hi all! Going to WDW for 4 days in September with a friend who has never been to the World before. I've been a few times and am one of those non-stop park people who likes to be there from open to close, and hopping around. My friend seems most excited for time at the Pop Century's cool pools, but I'm worried w/ only 4 days in the parks we won't be able to cover everything and do the pool (and I want to make sure she gets to do want she wants, not be a total boss). Any advice? Here's our schedule.

Sept 10 - Arrive 11:30, ADR @ 50's Primetime @ 4:00, Fantasmic @ 8:30
    Sept 11 - Magic Kingdom AM, Epcot (PM & Extra Magic Hours)
    Sept 12 - Animal Kingdom, ADR @ Jiku @ 5:30, Maybe Magic Kingdom at Night, Boardwalk late night
    Sept 13 - Maybe Hollywood Studios AM, Magic Kindom all day

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Fitting in Pool Time

Looks like for sure you could make some time between parks on 9/11 & 9/13. Also, I bet just afternoon at the Pop Century pools would suffice. The pools are fun, but they aren't uber cool Disney pools like Storm-along-bay at the Beach Club. None of the pools at the Pop have water slides. I'm all for taking a quick cool dip on a hot day, but not if it takes away too much park time!
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Of course your going to have to see what the weather is like but I also like to make time for the pool and other resort offerings. I would think on Sept. 11 after you leave the MK and before you go to Epcot you should have time, especially since Epcot has EMH that night. Or maybe on Sept. 13, it sounds like your already going to DS on Sept.10 so maybe skip DS on the last day and hang out at the pool then go to the MK. Have fun
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Got Served View Post
    Hi all! Going to WDW for 4 days in September with a friend who has never been to the World before. I've been a few times and am one of those non-stop park people who likes to be there from open to close, and hopping around. My friend seems most excited for time at the Pop Century's cool pools, but I'm worried w/ only 4 days in the parks we won't be able to cover everything and do the pool (and I want to make sure she gets to do want she wants, not be a total boss). Any advice? Here's our schedule.

Sept 10 - Arrive 11:30, ADR @ 50's Primetime @ 4:00, Fantasmic @ 8:30
    Sept 11 - Magic Kingdom AM, Epcot (PM & Extra Magic Hours)
    Sept 12 - Animal Kingdom, ADR @ Jiku @ 5:30, Maybe Magic Kingdom at Night, Boardwalk late night
    Sept 13 - Maybe Hollywood Studios AM, Magic Kindom all day
    With 4 days and 4 parks, you're gonna be hard pressed to fit in pool time.
    Tim

DebšošS is offline There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday!
    1062.3 miles from my "Home Away From Home" resort Boardwalk Villas

I usually suggest pool time on those nights we're not doing EMH or on days when we're not doing morning EMH. Night is our favorite pool time.No sunscreen and quiet. On this past August trip DS decided we should spend time at the pool during late morning into afternoon one day and then go off to EMH @ DHS. It worked out beautifully.