Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Desperate for ADR Help & Advice in the Vacation Planning forums; We are planning a trip to WDW from 11/29-12/6 of this year. It will be my Children's first trip (they are 5 & 3) and I cannot wait to share ...
    TMcDisney is offline A-Ticket holder

Desperate for ADR Help & Advice

We are planning a trip to WDW from 11/29-12/6 of this year. It will be my Children's first trip (they are 5 & 3) and I cannot wait to share the magic with them. My parents will be coming with us and they have been dreaming of this trip since my son was born. We have always been a Disney family! We are taking the trip to celebrate my son's fifth Birthday (even though it was in June) and will also be celebrating my Birthday and my Mom's Birthday while we are there.

We will not be staying on Disney property. We have a friend whose family owns a 6 bedroom rental home in Windsor Hills and they have offered it to us free of charge, so how could we resist!

I recently heard that Disney has extended free-dining through mid-December and my heart sank because I believe that it will be close to IMPOSSIBLE for us to get any of the ADRs that we were hoping for. We had not planned on doing a dining plan, but would consider one if it would be beneficial in getting an ADR.

Here is our planned itinerary...
    Sunday - 11/29 - We arrive in the afternoon and were hoping to go to the T-Rex Cafe for dinner. My son loves dinosaurs and then we can show the kids around Downtown Disney.

Monday - 11/30 - We are going to spend out first day in The Magic Kingdom...naturally! It is my Birthday and I cannot think of a better place to celebrate. In a perfect world we would be having breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table. My daughter is OBSESSED with everything princess and I know she would be in heaven. Do you think I have any chance at all of getting in? What other breakfast places would you recommend?

Tuesday - 12/1 - We plan to head over to Epcot after a Breakfast at Chef Mickey's. Again...do you think there is any chance we can get in? What would you recommend for lunch with the two kids in Epcot?

Wednesday - 12/2 - We were thinking Animal Kingdom and would again like to find a Breakfast place in the park if possible. Suggestions?

Thursday - 12/3 - Ideally we would like to do breakfast at O'Hana and then head over to the park formerly know as MGM for the day.

Friday & Saturday - These two days we will most likely head back to the Magic Kingdom as I know it will be my kids' favorite park. We would like to do the Pirates League and BBB while there.

As you can see, I want this to be a dream trip for my kiddos. What are some other ideas of places that we can take them (lunch or breakfast) where they can dine with the characters? Are the characters from Toy Story in any of the restaurants?

Okay...I have a million more questions, but I will stop here as this is already a mini novel.
    Taryn
    Proud Mama to Ethan
    & Lily

Re: Desperate for ADR Help & Advice

I forgot to add that I have a Disney Visa, are there any special dining options for card holders?
    Taryn
    Proud Mama to Ethan
    & Lily

Oops...double post!
    Taryn
    Proud Mama to Ethan
    & Lily

tmlinz is offline E-Ticket Holder

If you are unable to get into Cinderella's Royal Table, there is also a great princess meal at Ashkerhus in Norway at Epcot. Cinderella sometimes visits, and there are several other princesses that love to interact with kids. If your daughter has any kind of princess dress/Halloween costume, be sure to bring it for any Princess meal.
    The happiest place on earth is where my kids are!

KerriRocker is offline A-Ticket holder

TREX shouldnt be too hard to get into on a Sunday. You can make reservations directly with them 4078288739.

Another place for breakfast if you plan on spending Monday at the MK, is Kona Cafe. I haven't been there yet but I heard the Tonga Toast there is really good. I have reservations for my trip in Sept

Epcot - The Sunshine Seasons is quick service but usually has good variety. We have been there for breakfast before and they have good pastries

Quote Originally Posted by KerriRocker View Post
    Another place for breakfast if you plan on spending Monday at the MK, is Kona Cafe. I haven't been there yet but I heard the Tonga Toast there is really good. I have reservations for my trip in Sept
    Are there characters at the Kona Cafe?
    Taryn
    Proud Mama to Ethan
    & Lily

tmlinz is offline E-Ticket Holder

No characters at Kona, but Ohana breakfast has Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, and Pluto. My kids loved it. They even have a parade for the kids.
    The happiest place on earth is where my kids are!

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by TMcDisney View Post

Monday - 11/30 - We are going to spend out first day in The Magic Kingdom...naturally! Do you think I have any chance at all of getting in? What other breakfast places would you recommend?

Tuesday - 12/1 - We plan to head over to Epcot after a Breakfast at Chef Mickey's. Again...do you think there is any chance we can get in? What would you recommend for lunch with the two kids in Epcot?

Wednesday - 12/2 - We were thinking Animal Kingdom and would again like to find a Breakfast place in the park if possible. Suggestions?

Thursday - 12/3 - Ideally we would like to do breakfast at O'Hana and then head over to the park formerly know as MGM for the day.

As you can see, I want this to be a dream trip for my kiddos. What are some other ideas of places that we can take them (lunch or breakfast) where they can dine with the characters? Are the characters from Toy Story in any of the restaurants?

Okay...I have a million more questions, but I will stop here as this is already a mini novel.
    On Monday, not sure what kind of chances you would have of getting in, but if you can't get CRT, try for Crystal Palace...There you would have Pooh and friends.

Epcot day....if you can't get CRT on Monday. Go to Akershus in Norway, that way your daughter can have the princesses.

Animal Kingdom....Tusker House is really good for breakfast. It is also character meal as well. It is Donald, and maybe a few more. Plus you are close to Kilimanjaro Safaris, so you can get a FP after breakfast for later in the day, of course.

Other places for character dining would be:

Play 'N Dine at Hollywood & Vine (Studios) Playhouse Disney characters
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by TMcDisney View Post
    I recently heard that Disney has extended free-dining through mid-December and my heart sank because I believe that it will be close to IMPOSSIBLE for us to get any of the ADRs that we were hoping for. We had not planned on doing a dining plan, but would consider one if it would be beneficial in getting an ADR.
    If you are not staying at a Disney Resort than you cannot purchase the dining plan. You can still make ADR's, but having or not having the dining plan will not increase or decrease your chances of securing any ADR's.

1900 Park Fare has Cinderella for dinner! IMHO, 1900 Park Fare has one of the best buffet dinner's on property! I have eaten at all three of the princess meals and 1900 Park Fare is my favorite.

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(

We did Ohana's for the character breakfast then went over to MK when we were there last November. It is our new favourite character meal. The food is amazing and my girls (6 & 12 at the time) loved it. We had Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, Pluto when we were there. I don't see you having any trouble getting into any of the restaurants, just call the right on your 90th day before.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Continue to try for those ADRs at the 48 hour mark to see if there has been any cancellations.

dizcrazynuts is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile Re: Desperate for ADR Help & Advice

This will be there 1st trip with you in a place that can very mood altering sometimes, so being relaxed and having fun even when things don't go your way will be all they need. ENJOY!
    TIS A DISNEY LIFE FOR ME arrrrrrrrrrrrrg.

amyw138 is offline A-Ticket holder

Wow! You are going the exact same time as us! My son turned 5 in June as well AND we're eating at TREX Sunday too! Crazy! I have heard from more than one person that the Park Fare Cinderella meal is a lot better than CRT. It's my understanding that Cinderella spends a lot more time with the little princesses at 1900 and you have the added benefit of the prince and stepsisters as well! Youtube has several videos of people's experiences and it looks wonderful! We're planning on a visit to the BBB and then dinner at 1900!
    Amy W

Stitchgirl1 is offline B-Ticket Holder

You should be able to get reservations, just don't be too rigid about when you want them. I appreciate you need to plan when there are little ones in your party but maybe you can get the restaurants you want on different days.

Also, even if you don't get a reservation you can sometimes get a cancellation on the day. We really wanted the Crystal Palace last year but couldn't get it, a cast member told us to take a chance and turn up at 4pm so we did and we got lucky.

The problem with the dining plan is that people make lots of reservations but don't always keep them as they haven't had to hand over a credit card to secure their place.

Ohana and the Crystal Palace are great fun, doing them both on Sunday for my birthday!

Good luck! You'll have fun whatever you end up doing xxx

Almost forgot, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is at Disney Marketplace not MK, think that's where Pirates League is too but you need to check.
    Last edited by Stitchgirl1; 08-28-2009 at 11:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast