Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in the Vacation Planning forums; Im 16 years old and heading down to WDW 10/31/09-11/7/09 and since we were gonna be down 4 halloween i was wondering if the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party ...
    disneyfreak1284 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Im 16 years old and heading down to WDW 10/31/09-11/7/09 and since we were gonna be down 4 halloween i was wondering if the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party has stuff to do for teens if anyone has experience id love to hear about it thanks
    Andrew

"I'm doing this because I want to do it better"
    -Walt Disney-

"Hang on to them hats and glasses! 'Cause this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness!"
    -Big Thunder Mountain Railroad-

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

When my friend and I went in 2007, we went in costume and trick-or-treated and had a GREAT time. We were both 22 at the time. It is a great party and a lot of fun for everyone!!
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I don't think it matters what age you are. Everyone gets to dress up an go trick ot treating. I've been told that some of the best spots for trick or treating are on the back walkway between Toon Town and Tomorrowland.

Debbie-Habba is offline C-Ticket Holder

I have seen all ages dressed up in Halloween costumes.. Have a blast and enjoy the trick-or-treating ...

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom-Morrow"

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day

It's a lot of fun, it's not gonna have the scare houses and psycho stuff other parks have. When I worked the party in 04 we had a lot of teens, there also seems to be more characters out at that time as well. Not sure if they still do it, but one night my role was that of basically a walking candy machine. Had a bright coat and a black bag FULL of candy, look for those guys. Oh they do have the name tag, so don't try to take cansy from somebody without one. The parties are a blast no matter what age.

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder

It really is alot of fun for all ages. This year we are all dressing up and trick or treating. The ages of the people in my party, and who we are dressing as, are...

Me - 38 - Capt Hook
    Wife - 36 - Mrs. Darling
    Daughter 1 - 9 - Wendy
    Daughter 2 - 7 - Peter Pan (with Tink flying over her shoulder)
    Dad - 61 - Smee
    Mom - 61 - Nana (She is Nana to the grandkids)
    Sister - 26 - Tiger Lily

And my Dad is the one who is most excited about dressing up!!!
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ToddBreakey View Post
    It really is alot of fun for all ages. This year we are all dressing up and trick or treating. The ages of the people in my party, and who we are dressing as, are...

Me - 38 - Capt Hook
    Wife - 36 - Mrs. Darling
    Daughter 1 - 9 - Wendy
    Daughter 2 - 7 - Peter Pan (with Tink flying over her shoulder)
    Dad - 61 - Smee
    Mom - 61 - Nana (She is Nana to the grandkids)
    Sister - 26 - Tiger Lily

And my Dad is the one who is most excited about dressing up!!!
    POST PICTURES!!!!! That sounds like a great time, in 04 we had a family dressed as 101 Dalmations with the Grandma doing a pretty good Cruella. Family theme costumes are the most fun to see walking around. Have a great time.

little grammy is offline Fastpass Holder

The parade is fantastic... see twice if you can. Dress up or not... either way.....
    keep in mind it can be Very WARM in WDW in October....during our trip in 2006,
    there were near record breaking highs...98º
    "MagicMeets" Attendee 2006, '07, '08 and '09

"D23 EXPO" Attendee 2009

First Time Cruiser--- Disney Dream
    Feb. 2011 Deck 7 #7186

If you are going on Halloween night it tends to sell out. Make sure you purchase your tickets ahead of time. I love dressing up for the party. I'll be taking my DD for the first time this year. She's excited about the party already and we're trying to figure out what to dress up as.
    You can enter the park at 4:00 on your party ticket. And make sure you rest during the day because I've gone from 9am - 2 am park hopping and the party and let me tell you-I felt like a semi had run me over the next day.

Most imporantly have fun!!! And keep an eye our for the Headless Horseman before the parade starts.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Oh!! The Headless Horseman is amazing!!! I was crouching in Main Street giving candy to some kids before the parade when another cast member warned me he was coming. I moved and the next thing I see on Main Street is the Horseman riding by where I had been handing out candy. No worries all the kids were on the sidewalk. Everything about the parties is fun, it's the perfect trick or treating situation you dreamed of as a kid. Granted there are A LOT of other people, but it is still TOO cool.

registhesheep is offline A-Ticket holder

What makes the party so special? We are looking at possibly going to it when we go, and we were wondering if its worth the extra 50 dollars for the 4 of us.
    Thanks!!
    Regis

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    If you are going on Halloween night it tends to sell out.
    MNSSHP for Halloween night is already sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by registhesheep View Post
    What makes the party so special? We are looking at possibly going to it when we go, and we were wondering if its worth the extra 50 dollars for the 4 of us.
    Thanks!!
    Regis
    IMHO it is totally worth the extra money! We just attended our first MNSSHP on September 4th and it quickly became my favorite special event! We've been to the Pirate & Princess Party and MVMCP (both multiple times) and MNSSHP was by far my favorite! I think it has the best parade and the best fireworks!

The Villains Mix n Mingle is a great opportunity to get those meet and greet pictures that aren't normally available and my boys LOVED the dance parties!!! My 4 year old didn't want to leave Tomorrowland because he was having so much fun dancing with space Goofy, Pluto and Stitch!!!!! We were able to pry him away when he found out there was another dance party taking place over in Fantasyland with Mickey, Donald and Daisy all in their Halloween costumes!

I loved the special lighting and effects that they give to the Haunted Mansion on party nights. The CM's also really got into the roles (more so than normal) with extra makeup and stuff to boot!

You can also get pics taken with Cinderella's pumpkin carriage all lit up and a photo op with Snow White and ALL 7 of the Dwarfs in Fantasyland!

If you get a chance to go, I highly recommend it! Save the trick or treating until the end of the night when the lines are shorter. We didn't even start trick or treating until after the 10:30 parade followed by the last showing of the Villains Mix N Mingle and we still got 4 bags full of candy just hitting the stations starting at Toontown and walking the back path up to Tomorrowland!

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

MNSSHP is awsome! It is such a fun night. I love going for the characters, the parade and fireworks, and the castle show (plus, it's fun seeing all the people who dressed up). I am going on Tues, and I can't wait!
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder

I was at last night's party. It was awesome!! Less than a 5 minute wait for everything, including Peter Pan's Flight!!! My friend, Kay and I even met Tinkerbell, her wait was less than 5 minutes. There was two families ahead and we went right after the fireworks!
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    MNSSHP for Halloween night is already sold out.

IMHO it is totally worth the extra money! We just attended our first MNSSHP on September 4th and it quickly became my favorite special event! We've been to the Pirate & Princess Party and MVMCP (both multiple times) and MNSSHP was by far my favorite! I think it has the best parade and the best fireworks!

The Villains Mix n Mingle is a great opportunity to get those meet and greet pictures that aren't normally available and my boys LOVED the dance parties!!! My 4 year old didn't want to leave Tomorrowland because he was having so much fun dancing with space Goofy, Pluto and Stitch!!!!! We were able to pry him away when he found out there was another dance party taking place over in Fantasyland with Mickey, Donald and Daisy all in their Halloween costumes!

I loved the special lighting and effects that they give to the Haunted Mansion on party nights. The CM's also really got into the roles (more so than normal) with extra makeup and stuff to boot!

You can also get pics taken with Cinderella's pumpkin carriage all lit up and a photo op with Snow White and ALL 7 of the Dwarfs in Fantasyland!

If you get a chance to go, I highly recommend it! Save the trick or treating until the end of the night when the lines are shorter. We didn't even start trick or treating until after the 10:30 parade followed by the last showing of the Villains Mix N Mingle and we still got 4 bags full of candy just hitting the stations starting at Toontown and walking the back path up to Tomorrowland!
    Can you get autographs during the Villains Mix and Mingle?
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast