Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Honeymoon question in the Vacation Planning forums; I asked my girlfriend to marry me on our vacation at WDW last week. I did it in MK in the Rose Garden picture spot. We have talked about it ...
    dude22blue is offline C-Ticket Holder

Honeymoon question

I asked my girlfriend to marry me on our vacation at WDW last week. I did it in MK in the Rose Garden picture spot. We have talked about it and we know we want to get married the 1st week of Novemeber 2012. She surprised me by saying she would like to Honeymoon at WDW. I know alot about WDW but have no idea how to plan a Honeymoon.

We know that we want to stay in one of the hotels near the MK maybe the contemp or the polynessin. I was looking at the dining packages and was wondering if the Platinum package was worth it. We would love to do the La Nouba a spa treatment and some dining. But is it worth it. I did a price check and 8 days at the contemp and package with wine came out almost 9,000 what do you guys think or recommend.

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!

Re: Honeymoon question

We spent our entire 13 day honeymoon in Disney, starting with a few days at Animal Kingdom Lodge then moving over to the POP. For us, we felt it wasn't worth the hefty price tag to spend every day of our honeymoon at a Deluxe resort, especially when we would be spending at least 12 hours of those days in the parks. We felt we wouldn't be able to fully enjoy the amenities due to the long days away. I, personally, loved the money we saved doing this. We got to enjoy the "finer" side of Disney for a few nights, as well as the "practical" side of Disney.
    As far as the Dining plan, I can't vouch personally. We always try to eat economically too, but you need to consider your appetites and pickiness. Will your future wife be up for 3 full meals a day or does she like to snack a little here and a little there? I was the later, and therefore, we take snacks with us into the park everyday. You need to take a look at some menus (allears.net) and determine if what you would potentially eat in one day, is worth the price of the platinum dining package. In our case, we found that it wasn't worth it. Yes, maybe one or two days, we could have eaten our money's worth, but for a majority of our vacation, our little "sample eating plan" paying out of pocket was much cheaper than the cost of the dining plan. Just a few things to consider. I know I'm not the expert on the dining plan, but I did pull off a long Disney honeymoon on a budget. You just need to determine how much you want to spend, and then decide what sacrifices must be made in order to accomodate that. Good luck and Congrats on your future wedding! We're all excited for ya!
    Last edited by StarsNStripes; 09-15-2009 at 08:51 AM.
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I agree with StarsNStripes, it depends on what you like and what meets your budget. It sounds like you are already familiar with WDW, so you can research online for menus, prices, etc... For the extras, like a massage, segway tour, etc... you could look for links here, WDW Today podcasts on the topic, or just ask Mousefan Travel for ideas.

The truth about the dining plan is we love it. I'm a Florida resident and I still rather pay full price just to get the plan. On our last trip we got the plan for free. We ate places I couldn't afford out of pocket like the Coral reef and Ohana. I'm just wondering if the Platinum one is worth it cuz you get the spa treatment which I think would be nice and the unlimited tours and La Nouba seem like a plus.

I'll talk to wifey and see what she feels like doing. Where can I find prices for spa treatments? And if you don't mind me asking how much did your trip cost StarsNStripes?

grumpy of ohio is offline C-Ticket Holder

Kind of a steep figure...........We're staying at the WL in 3 days for 7 nights and the room only is 1400.00. We're not package people, I hate paying for items we'll not use. We rather take the room discount and we're not dining plan people. WL has just great view and is rather compact, great pool and 2 hot tubs but you can see all that from the vacation video. We like paying for what we use, if we want to do a water park once during our trip, I rather pay out of pocket. I guess the best thing is to price a couple of resorts, price the package versus room only and same for the dining plan and see what you can get the most bang for your buck. We do the math, and it's room only and no dining plan for us.

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!

Well I'm actually probably not a good one to ask because my figure is skewed. My grandmother works for Disney as so we got all our rooms at 40% off. We paid 350 for 2 nights at AKL and 675 for 10 nights at POP. This, of course, gave of lots of extra cash for food. While there, we ate at Teppan Edo, Ohana, Le Cellier, Kona Cafe, TRex, Rainforest, 50's Prime Time, and Jiko to name a few of the more expensive places. If we were planning on going out for a nice dinner, we ate a very modest lunch or even a snack instead. I was notorious for ordering off the children's menu for lunch everyday. Regarding spa packages, I would call Disney. Ask your future wife about what she wants. Coming from a female perspective, I would have enjoyed a massage after returning home from vacation! 9000 dollars just seems like a LOT of money. After adding all our expenses up, we spent around 2250 on our whole trip.
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

catiebug is offline C-Ticket Holder

Oh goodness. For $9k we spent 13 days nights in Europe this past July for our honeymoon. Disney is always our cheap vacation and that figure just sounds way too high. With that said, back to your original question on the dining plan.

We do the dining plan each September when it is offered for free. The plan we do - 1 snack, 1 counter service, and 1 table service each day for each of us is more than enough food for us and you can double up on credits and go to a nicer meal if you want one night. We found last trip that we spent quite a bit of time eating and were so full by the time it was done that we couldn't really enjoy the park the rest of the night so I can't imagine how I'd feel on the platinum package (that's the one with multiple sit down meals per day right?). I think we literally waddled out of the Rose and Crown in Epcot and went straight to the bus. It was so good but so heavy and filling all we wanted to do was go home and sleep it off.
    Sept 2010 Trip Planned!

peanut is offline NOOTS!

We spent our honeymoon in WDW in 2007. Since we already had pretty much everything we needed for our house, instead of doing a traditional registry, we signed up with Disney's Honeymoon Registry. It worked out great! Disney also has a Honeymoon Planning site. Check it out!

Ok guess so now that some time has gone by I've done more hw. Me and my wifey can get Florida seasonal passes for $500 (total) which now can add the DDP to. We can get a moderate resort (CS, French Orleans (not river) , or Caribbean) for 14 days for just under 3,000. I think is great since we originally started to look at 7 days at the park and 7 day cruise and it just didnt work out under 6,000 and that was just room and board. We can stay at Disney for 2 weeks with DDP for around 4,000 and have 2,000 for spas and any extras. I know it sounds like a lot but we have over 2 years to save up and every piece of advice I get is enjoy your honeymoon cuz it's the only thing you get to enjoy. I guess now all I want to know is which of the three hotels mention above do you guess think is best and why?

williams is offline C-Ticket Holder

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is the best for Honeymoon vacation. We have spent their one week. It has ideal location for Honeymoon vacation. We have booked a king room with view of Magic Kingdom. We were really happy and spent here relax and enjoyable week alone together.

Best Regards,

I would love to be at a deluxe resort but the thought at staying at the world for two weeks for the same price of one week at a deluxe really makes me excited. Besides anything above a value resort is a huge step up for us

bety is offline Disney World Beast

I'll be honeymooning in Disney World at the end of 2011 and we're going to stay at the Coronado Springs Resort. We'll be spending ALL day at the parks, so we opted for a less expensive hotel that still has a nicer feel to it. We'll be saving tons of money by doing this!
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

Quote Originally Posted by bety View Post
    I'll be honeymooning in Disney World at the end of 2011 and we're going to stay at the Coronado Springs Resort. We'll be spending ALL day at the parks, so we opted for a less expensive hotel that still has a nicer feel to it. We'll be saving tons of money by doing this!
    You gotta tell me what you think of it. That one of the ones we are looking at but it's SO BIG on paper I'm almost scared it might too packed for transportation.

bety is offline Disney World Beast

Quote Originally Posted by dude22blue View Post
    You gotta tell me what you think of it. That one of the ones we are looking at but it's SO BIG on paper I'm almost scared it might too packed for transportation.
    I've been to the Coronado before and I love it. It's large, but the way the buildings are set up and spaced, you feel secluded no matter where you are. It's hard to explain, but it's a really romantic feeling. And at that time of year, a room with a king bed is just under $200 a night which is pretty hard to beat! So we'll get the honeymoon feeling without wasting money on a room that we won't be in much. I think you'll like it.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

Quote Originally Posted by bety View Post
    I've been to the Coronado before and I love it. It's large, but the way the buildings are set up and spaced, you feel secluded no matter where you are. It's hard to explain, but it's a really romantic feeling. And at that time of year, a room with a king bed is just under $200 a night which is pretty hard to beat! So we'll get the honeymoon feeling without wasting money on a room that we won't be in much. I think you'll like it.

hows the quick service and other restaurants? I'm used to the cafe at the all-stars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast