Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Castaway Club Member??? in the Vacation Planning forums; My family is taking a 7-Day Western Carribean Cruise and being second time sailing with disney we are now castaway club members. My question is what exactly are the perks ...
    disneyfreak1284 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Castaway Club Member???

My family is taking a 7-Day Western Carribean Cruise and being second time sailing with disney we are now castaway club members. My question is what exactly are the perks I hear mixed things. I know that you get your own check-in counter, gifts in stateroom. Is there anything else that you get being a castaway club member, I'd like to know from peoples experience. Thanks
    Andrew

"I'm doing this because I want to do it better"
    -Walt Disney-

"Hang on to them hats and glasses! 'Cause this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness!"
    -Big Thunder Mountain Railroad-

trkj2001 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Castaway Club Member???

We've been on 3 DCL cruises. 2000,2005 & 2007. There generally is an informal Castaway Club member reception w/ the Captain on the 2nd day of the cruise.

wdwtristan is offline Annual Passholder

You get a bag at the Castaway Club meeting.
    You will use this bag to collect all of the Mickey rice krispie treats you will need until your next cruise.

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

Actually the Castaway Club has just been revamped!!! Here are all the details!

To celebrate our returning Guests in true Disney style, we've created The new Castaway Club membership levels with enhanced benefits, based on the number of times they have sailed with us.

Silver Castaway for Guests who've completed 1–4 sailings
    Gold Castaway for Guests who've completed 5–9 sailings
    Platinum Castaway for Guests who've completed 10 or more sailings

Favorite Castaway Club benefits like:

Exclusive port terminal check-in
    Early booking for onboard experiences
    Special activities during their cruise
    Even stateroom gifts have now been customized for each Castaway Club level. And that's just the beginning. Along with updates to Castaway Club favorites, there are new member benefits, too.

What's updated? Castaway Club members have always enjoyed Early Access to onboard reservations to Palo, spa services and youth activities. Now, that access gets earlier and earlier: While Guests sailing for the first time can book only 75 days in advance of their sailing, Silver Castaway members can pre-book 90 days before sailing. Gold Castaway members, 105 days. And Platinum Castaway members enjoy the option of booking a full 120 days before.

What's new? Gold and Platinum Castaway members enjoy even earlier access to book our newest itineraries. They also receive invitations to a new, exclusive reception with the ship's senior officers on 4-night and longer cruises. There are even new onboard activities created just Platinum Castaway members.
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!