Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Lost child in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi my family and I are going back to the World in Oct. and we will be taking our two year old Daughter with us again. This year she is ...
    emilyrose0507 is offline A-Ticket holder

Lost child

Hi my family and I are going back to the World in Oct. and we will be taking our two year old Daughter with us again. This year she is a lot more mobile then shew as last year. So I am looking for ideas on how to put Id on her if she gets lost. I do not want to put the info in every one of her shirts. And most of her shoes do not have laces to put a tag through. I was thinking about making a tag in the shape of a heart and put our info and her name on it and putting it on a chain for her. Or printing out a card with the princess on it and on the back put our info on it. then place this on a lanyard. Hoping that she will want to wear her new pretty. But and other ideas would be great. We already have the Amber Alert cards so we have the info to she what she looks like and all that. but other ideas would be a big help.. thanks.,

morwen is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Lost child

I read somewhere, I think it was a travel book, that you can take a picture of your child at the beginning of everyday with a polarid or digital camera. This way you have a picture of what they were wearing for that day since most parents freak out when their child is missing.
    Melli

Disney vists
    May 1997 - off site
    May 2007 - Pop Century
    Dec/Jan 2008/09 - New Year's Eve at POFQ

future
    Jan-May 2010 College Program
    Oct 2010 - Polynesian

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

A family friend of ours has bracelets for her kids. Name, hometown, phone number and medical information like allergies on it.

She has her kids wear those all the time. And don't forget, no child is ever lost at Disney. The parents are lost so make sure she knows what you're wearing as well.
    Last edited by WDW4Ever; 09-29-2009 at 12:26 PM.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Cheaply you can go to PetSmart and have a name and your cell phone number engraved on a heart ID Charm and loop it onto a pretty but sturdy necklace. Hardware stores sell tiny rings to attach to the charm ID to the necklace. A long term, buy a charm from from Sears, Pennys or Kohls, have it engraved with the same info and put on a nice chain.
    A two year old is old enough to be told and remember her secret information is on the back of her necklace.

Wouldn't worry too much, I have had my 22 and 17 year old at the parks since they were one and two months annually. Never lost them once. I found a preschooler at Blizzard Beach, I pointed and lead him to a CM at a food shack and the lost parents were found promptly.

Make sure you point out to your child the name tags that the CM wears so that she knows who to go to when you get lost!

Lissa is offline B-Ticket Holder

I've used a couple different brands of ID bracelets with my 2 yo DD on our previous 3 trips and will be using them again on our upcoming trip. The ones I like best are available at CHILD SAFETY PRODUCTS & BABY GEAR STORE by My Precious KidŪ and are called "Travel Wristband"

I think they are around $6 for 10 and have space on the inside for medical info (important for us), too. Here's a coupon code they sent me for 20% off: D2ND2YPMXK

Good luck!
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow waiting at the end of every day!"

Follow me on Twitter @LissaRFAK

Raising Food Allergic Kids? Visit http://www.rfak.org

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by morwen View Post
    I read somewhere, I think it was a travel book, that you can take a picture of your child at the beginning of everyday with a polarid or digital camera. This way you have a picture of what they were wearing for that day since most parents freak out when their child is missing.
    That is a GREAT idea! Make sure that it is a full body pic as well, so that you can see their shoes. That way if you and your child do get separated, you don't have to think about what they are wearing or not wearing. You can just go to the pic and show it to the CM so that they can get the child's description out quicker
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

emilyrose0507 is offline A-Ticket holder

thanks for all the help. I Have a few ideas and I wanted to say thanks.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

All good ideas, especially about introducing them to the CM name tag so they know who to trust if lost. An alternative to the lanyard is to clip their info tag to a belt loop or similar loop using a small D-ring. Each day, you can clip to their new clothes.

DebšošS is offline There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday!
    1062.3 miles from my "Home Away From Home" resort Boardwalk Villas

When my sons were very young I would write our last name and hotel on a piece of sturdy cloth with a laundry marker and put it in their shoes(between the laces and tongue) or a pocket if they were wearing sandals. I explained to them they could share it with CMs if we were missing. Thankfully we never needed it.

Brenda V is offline A-Ticket holder

I suggest you take a picture every morning with your cell phone, that way you have it with you
    Taking a picture of your child shoes is a very good suggestion, a person may be able to change or alter their cloths but would not have shoes for them.
    I make up ID cards with the child's first name and parents cell phone numbers and hotel name , then laminate it so it will last the week.