Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Safety for a single girl in the Vacation Planning forums; I am thinking about going to WDW alone soon. I plan to fly into MCO and take the Magical Express to a Disney Resort. Then I'll use Disney transportation during ...
    Belle84 is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Safety for a single girl

I am thinking about going to WDW alone soon. I plan to fly into MCO and take the Magical Express to a Disney Resort. Then I'll use Disney transportation during my stay. Are there any safety tips or services I should know about as a single young woman on her own in WDW?

Thanks in advance!

Amy
    Belle84

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Safety for a single girl

Get a room close to the front desk so you don't have to walk far to a bus stop.

TTAfanatic is offline E-Ticket Holder

I did a solo trip last year, and felt completely safe at all times, but, I am a man, so I havn't exactly walked in your shoes. My resort was well lit all around when arriving home very late at night, and there are always a ton of people around the parks, there are not many places that I would catagorize as a "dark alley" type situation unless you really know where to find it. Just keep your cell phone with you at all times, and I agree with elvistelth, get a room close to the bus stop, or better yet, stay at a monrail resort if you can swing it!

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

www.twitter.com/nickphillips97

I proudly support The FairTax!
    www.FairTax.org

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

I didn't stay by myself but I did do some of the parks by myself some days and I felt safe at all times! Just be aware of your surroundings. The CM's and everything are really nice!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

Quote Originally Posted by lilo88 View Post
    The CM's and everything are really nice!
    Some even too nice. "Hello, I'm Pygmy! I've lost my number, can I have yours?"

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I did a solo trip a few years ago and I always felt very safe while on property. Just make sure to keep your cell phone with you and if you feel uncomfortable you can always ask a CM for help.

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder

As everyone else said, you should be fine. There is always staff & other guests around & it is so well lit.

I think just use the same common sense you would anywhere. Don't give out your room information, or annouce you are traveling solo, be aware of your surroundings, keep your money/credit cards/camera/other valuables etc. secure in a fanny pack or bag or in the room safe, and make sure someone back home (parents, room mate,etc) know where you are & what your general plans are.

After you do all the sensible things, then just relax & have a great trip.
    Zima-Cheryl

williams is offline C-Ticket Holder

I just got back from 10-days solo in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Had a GREAT trip. No problems with safety, day or night. I talked with lots of interesting people (if you are open to it, I believe this happens more when you are alone than if you are traveling with someone else).

Regards,

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

Request a room close to the bus stop so you won't be walking a long distance by yourself. Crowds will be increasing after this weekend, so you may not be very "alone" when you return to your room after dark. As someone else suggested, don't give away personal details and keep your money and credit cards safe and close to your person.

I've been to the parks several times on my own late at night. I'm always a bit concerned about returning to my car alone, but you will be taking Disney transportation, so that won't be an issue.

Enjoy your visit. You can always contact me to meet up with you if you want some company. There are several of us in the WDW area that go to the parks often.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I took my DD for her 16th B-Day for 5 days. I was only uneasy once.
    We had stayed until 1:30am at the MK (that was open until 3pm, Thanksgiving time).

We got off the pretty empty bus at the Front of POR. We were in the back Mansions but I didn't want to walk through the bushed area of the parking lot/bus stop, with just her alone at night. We were the only ones around and it was a bit creepy walking and weaving through the landscaped areas with nobody around. We kept our eyes peeled and we were fine, no problems, just that gut, creepy feeling. The other 4 nights we were comfortable and folks were around until about midnight. Being totally alone I agree with V, request a room close to the main building.

I wanted to thank everyone for their great advice. You convinced me. I booked my trip for January and I am going to be staying on property for the first time!!!! I am SO very excited!
    Last edited by Belle84; 11-25-2009 at 06:14 PM.
    Belle84

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I hope you have a safe, fun trip.

allisa is offline A-Ticket holder

There are many useful tips from the readers. When walk alone we have to thinks about our security. I am also looking for these kinda of info here.
    Last edited by allisa; 12-24-2009 at 01:08 AM.

Just wanted to let everyone who helped me know that I had a great time in WDW. I felt safe the entire time. Also, since this was my first time staying on property, I was very impressed with how easy everything is! From the time I got off the plane to the time I went home, I barely had to think about anything. Really great! The next goal is a Disney Cruise!!!
    Belle84