Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss What Should we do to max our time in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi, Chris, Being a from an area where the schools open after labor day, the last week of August is our preferred time to visit. Crowds are generally light - ...
    disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Hi, Chris,

Being a from an area where the schools open after labor day, the last week of August is our preferred time to visit. Crowds are generally light - almost everyone was from NY, NJ, England or Australia last year. We didn't have to worry about day of the week or park order - most lines were well under 30 minutes, many were walk-on. MK was the busiest, of course, any day of the week.

Park hours are shorter, though, except on Labor Day weekend itself when they were open later.
    Epcot is always open until 9 (when Illuminations begins); MK closes as early as 7; AK as early as 5; and MGM was a little later at 8:30pm. (From a printout of 2003's hours for August, 2004 was roughly the same.)

Fantasmic and Illuminations ran every night, but Spectromagic ran only once or twice that week. I think Wishes! ran every night, but the old Fantasy in the Sky did not.

It is generally believed that with the new Extra Magic Hours in the evenings, E-ride nights have been discontinued.

We'll be back again August 23-30th, so maybe we'll see you there!
    Hope this helps!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I would save MK for later in the week.. Sunday is normally busy because a lot of people arrive late in the day on Saturday and wait to go to the MK on Saunday..

I usually begin with MGM Studios.. I love fantasmic and I try to see it the first night I am there. I onced waited to see it later in the trip and it was rained out!!! I would also wait and see which park has the extra hours.. Some people enjoy stay out late.. If you are NOT one to take advantage of the extra time in the park then go to a different park that day to beat the crowds!!

I live close to Albany... About 25 minutes from Saratoga... I take a yearly trip every January to Lake Placid.. I love it there...

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by PA. Chris
    Where in Michigan are you from DissyLove?
    Hi again! I am from Cadillac, Michigan. An hour's south of Traverse City and a bit over an hour north of Grand Rapids. And (I think!) spring has FINALLY arrived in Northern Michigan!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

cassandra ray is offline A-Ticket holder
    Ok. Just came back from the world. April 28th to May 2nd. August will be very hot. Drink plenty of liquids. We were very hot last Friday. It was almost 87 degrees down in Orlando. Remember the humidity makes it hotter. I like the hopper passes because you can go to two parks on the same day. I would go to the pool the first day. Reason. Because your feet will thank you. My husband and I wore out our 16 yr old son down at WDW. We like to go to the park when it opens ride the most crowded rides, then hop over to Epcot for dinner. WS opens at 11AM most days. All the times at all the parks are different from day to day, and staying at a WDW resort is sooo much more convenient then at off property resort.

Triviateer is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by PA. Chris
    We are heading down to WDW August 28th. It is a Sunday, and we will be getting in at around Noon. I guess we will check in, and let All Star Sports worry about getting the luggage to our room. What should we do first? We have premium Park Hopper Tickets, so we can do anything. Will It be crowded at that time of year?
    I heard that you don't want to be in the MK on weekends. Should we go to Epcot and have dinner at the Coral Reef?
    Later part of August is good if you can tolerate the heat and humidity. The crowds should be small. The only real problem would be a hurricane. Hopefully, all that nonsense is gone from Florida for 2005.
    "The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves." --Victor Hugo

PA. Chris is offline A-Ticket holder

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Triviateer
    Later part of August is good if you can tolerate the heat and humidity. The crowds should be small. The only real problem would be a hurricane. Hopefully, all that nonsense is gone from Florida for 2005.

I'm hoping that if there are any Hurricanes....that they would come later. Not the end of August or first couple of days of Sept. (God Forbid.......don't want them at all)

PA. Chris is offline A-Ticket holder
    Does anybody know of any tricks to getting them to give you a poolside room at the All Star Sports?. We have paid for the preferred room in the Surf's Up Building.....But considering the park may be closing at 7pm between 8-28 and 9-4, I think it would be so much nicer if we could send our 9, 13 and 15 year old out the door of our hotel room to the pool in the eve.....if it was close.....I have heard it is worth it to send a fax 4 days before you go to the hotel with your request. Considering I have already requested it on my room reservation, is that worth it???.....kinda like the squeeky wheel gets the grease ?

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    Since it is Aug why not go to one of the water parks.
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I know it sounds a little obsessive but I actually typed out a list of attractions, shows, shops, and eateries for each park and gave each a star rating (5 highest, etc.) as to importance and interest. This way we can eliminate those which have interest to us and prioritize those that we definately want to see and do. We can only afford a few days at the World and want to get the most for our money without running willy-nilly or trying to stuff all in those days. We don't have the passes you spoke about so we are spending our first day just exploring Downtown Disney, having a meal at a different resort then ours, and going to see the Electrical water parade. So we will have a relatively relaxing day for our first after an almost 24 hour drive down
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12