Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss B-day celebration for 3 year-old? in the Vacation Planning forums; We're going to be in WDW in March, and our daughter's 3rd birthday falls during the trip. I'm looking for any hints, tips or ideas for celebrating a toddler's birthday ...
    Aminniedala is offline A-Ticket holder

B-day celebration for 3 year-old?

We're going to be in WDW in March, and our daughter's 3rd birthday falls during the trip. I'm looking for any hints, tips or ideas for celebrating a toddler's birthday at Disney (without spending huge amounts of money, if possible ). We're staying off-property, so we won't be able to have CM decorate the room. We'll be in the MK on her birthday. Taking her to the Bibiddi-Bobiddi-Botique is probably not an option; she won't even let me put barrettes in her hair.

We have breakfast reservations for Chef Mickey's that morning. I've read that this is a great place for a kid's b-day. Can anyone tell me what they can/will do for us?

Thanks!
    WDW fan since '76, Star Wars geek since '79
    Mom to Minnie Mouse's #1 fan

TTAfanatic is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: B-day celebration for 3 year-old?

First thing to do is get a birthday button for her to wear from guest services, and let as many castmembers know as possible that it's her birthday, while there are no guarantees that she will recieve any special treatment, castmembers are known to do special things for someone celebrating a birthday. Hope you have fun!

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

www.twitter.com/nickphillips97

I proudly support The FairTax!
    www.FairTax.org

disneydancer13 is offline A-Ticket holder

I agree with TTAfanatic! I turned 6 in Disney in 1997 and a CM helped my parents surprise me with a Cinderella dress, cake and decorations for the room!

Also, I recently posted this on another person's wall, there is something called "Afternoon Tea at the Garden View" at the Grand Floridian. It's a la carte British cuisine such as tea sandwiches, scones, and desserts, in a very pretty setting! If you feel she is too young for this, you MUST go to the Bippity Boppity Boutique! I'm sure there are prices for everyone there, and it's so cute to see the little ones running around with their hair done up and glitter everywhere! I'm pretty sure she gets a birthday sash to wear too!

Hope you have a great trip!
    Disney Dancer

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

If you were staying on property I think they do Birthday calls to your room, but since that is not an option, how about a cake at where your having dinner that night. I think this is the number for the Disney cake hotline.....1-407-827-2253. The good thing about 3 year olds is that you don't have to overwhelm them with to much stuff, she will be thrilled just to be in Disney.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

I think the idea of Chef Mickey's is perfect. They are wonderful! You might find a cheaper It's my Birthday shirt at home and then she could wear it.

Take lots of pictures!