Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss What is the best air fare you have seen lately? in the Vacation Planning forums; I am in the process of planning our October-November trip and found $177 on Expedia. Then I checked directly with the same airline and got $171. Has anybody found anything ...
    iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!

What is the best air fare you have seen lately?

I am in the process of planning our October-November trip and found $177 on Expedia. Then I checked directly with the same airline and got $171. Has anybody found anything better lately? (Flying from Indy to Orlando MCO)

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    One of the best tips that I can give you is to register with Travelocity or an airline website. You can put in what you are looking for and they will email you when a fare drops.

Here's a list of smaller airlines that fly into MCO. Some of these will not show up on the major travel search engines. I'm not sure how many fly out of IN, but it wouldn't hurt to look.

Smaller Regional Airlines

AirTran- www.airtran.com

Alaska Airlines- www.alaskaair.com

America West Airlines- www.americawest.com

Frontier- www.frontierairlines.com

Independence Air- www.flyi.com

Jet Blue- www.jetblue.com

Song- www.flysong.com

Spirit Airlines- www.spiritair.com

Sun Country Airlines- www.suncountry.com

Ted- www.flyted.com

USA 3000- www.usa3000.com
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Keep checking Southwest.com...I got my ticket for $116. Their internet rates are awesome.

The site right now is only pricing till Sept 12, so I priced for those dates and it was $166 for you.

Thanks April! I'll have to check into Southwest. (By the way, is that round trip? You know, I still have to get home! Well, okay, maybe I don't...............)

Geppetto is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    Thanks April! I'll have to check into Southwest. (By the way, is that round trip? You know, I still have to get home! Well, okay, maybe I don't...............)
    Whatever you do, do not try to fly out of FW. Your best bet would be to go to Indianapolis and get direct flight via ATA. However, you would have to pay long-term parking, unless you had a friend take you all.
    "Good Geppetto, you have given so much happiness to others. You deserve to have your wish come true."

"Geppetto buono, lei ha dato cosí molta felicitŕ agli altri. Lei il derserve di avere il suo desiderio si č realizzato."

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    It was round trip.

QuickGold is offline B-Ticket Holder
    The DING service from Southwest has some GREAT rates, although I prefer to fly Song/JetBlue because of the TV's and assigned seats.

Dear Geppetto, we always fly out of Indianapolis. We never pay for long term parking. We are a little smarter than that . Comfort Inn and La Quinta both have sleep and park deals. For $100 we can spend the night, have a complimentary breakfast, a shuttle to the airport (and back at the end of our trip), AND free parking. That is less than what it would cost us to leave the car at the airport for 10 days, and we don't have to rise in the very wee hours of the morning to drive to Indy because we are already there!

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Did you try priceline?
    I saw $150 fares on there for us going from roc to mco
    and our fares are always some of the highest in the country

QuickGold is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Best I've seen is $49 each way on Song, Southwest or JetBlue from the northeast