Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Vacation booked but now cheaper rates? in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm not sure if anyone can help me, but this March I'm going on a trip to Florida with my parents (almost 3 hours from Orlando) and my boyfriend and ...
    zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Vacation booked but now cheaper rates?

I'm not sure if anyone can help me, but this March I'm going on a trip to Florida with my parents (almost 3 hours from Orlando) and my boyfriend and I are driving to Disney and staying at Pop Century for 2 nights while we're so close (I can't be that close to Disney and NOT go!). The hotel was booked a few weeks ago, and then we got a thing in the mail from Disney saying that we can save 30% on value resorts for certain dates (including when we're going) if we use the code they gave us. Is it too late if its already been booked... or if I call Disney and say my code will they give us the 30% off? Thanks in advance!

TTAfanatic is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: Vacation booked but now cheaper rates?

I'm sure you can change your booking, I use mousefan travel agency, and they always advertise that they keep theirs eyes open for the best rates, and if a better rate comes along after you book your trip, they can make the proper changes to get you the best deal. Also, mousefan travel does not charge you anything, I highly recommend checking them out.

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

www.twitter.com/nickphillips97

I proudly support The FairTax!
    www.FairTax.org

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Do you think Disney would give me that rate as well? I know I've heard that travel agents will do it, but I booked this just from the Disney website.
    And ya, I plan on using Mouse Fan Travel in the future, and the only reason I didn't for this is cause its JUST two nights of hotel... no park days (we're going to do the volunteer to get a free ticket thing) and no meal plan or anything, so I figured I would just use the Disney website this time around. The next time I can afford a real, proper Disney trip I'll definetly use MFT... whenever that is

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Disney works very well with customers! we have made many changes on one trip and never had any problems! Give them call!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Yeah, I'd say if you called them, they'd work with you. Worst case senerio, you could just cancel your current booking and book a new reservation. I'm interested to know how your volunteering deal works out, let us know!

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century

www.FairTax.org

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

You can make the change, give them a call. In the "system", you may be re-booking at the new rate.

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    Do you think Disney would give me that rate as well? I know I've heard that travel agents will do it, but I booked this just from the Disney website.
    And ya, I plan on using Mouse Fan Travel in the future, and the only reason I didn't for this is cause its JUST two nights of hotel... no park days (we're going to do the volunteer to get a free ticket thing) and no meal plan or anything, so I figured I would just use the Disney website this time around. The next time I can afford a real, proper Disney trip I'll definetly use MFT... whenever that is
    We use MFT for all our trips. Regardless of length. Our Halloween trip this year was 2 nights hotel and MNSSHP tickets. No regular park admission, no dining reservations. It's WAY easier and helps support their company. Remember, everytime you book with them, they get paid. I like supporting small business whenever I can.

PLUS, Coleen at MFT is awesome. She saved us about $300 on our trip in 2008. Just by watching for new discount codes!!!
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ToddBreakey View Post
    PLUS, Coleen at MFT is awesome. She saved us about $300 on our trip in 2008. Just by watching for new discount codes!!!
    I have to agree, Coleen is awesome, she did my 2008 trip and is now working on an upcoming March 2010 trip, making it so easy for us!

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century

www.FairTax.org

Practical Mom is offline A-Ticket holder

WDW is great about giving the current discounts on already book packages. Just give them a call. But while you're at it, check out all the special offers. The one you received in the mail may not actually be the best one. Go to Disney's website and click on Special Offers. Re-price your trip using any offers that you think may apply. Then give Disney a call, they will be happy to make the change for you.