Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss quesion about fl resdi tickets in the Vacation Planning forums; my friends boyfriend lives in orlando.. is it possiable i can give him the money and him buy me some tickets at his discount and him pick up and have ...
    Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

quesion about fl resdi tickets

my friends boyfriend lives in orlando.. is it possiable i can give him the money and him buy me some tickets at his discount and him pick up and have them waiting on me when i get there.. and if i can do that?? is there a page that shows the pricing for fl residents so i can know how much to send him to get the tickets?

sorry tryin to save a buck
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

disneyfun55 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: quesion about fl resdi tickets

With any FL resident passes, they require proof of residency for each ticket holder. The name of each person is placed on the ticket. Each person is supposed to show ID again when they go through the turnstyles for the first time, but that does not always happen.
    So, unless things have changed, I do not believe that your friend can purchase FL resident passes for you unless you have proof of ID showing that you are a FL resident.

i went online and was going to by them and all it asked for was the name of the person picking them up from will call.. and he has a fl drivers lic. i have heard of them having to have id to pick them up.. but i havent seen anyone talk about having to show id at the turn style.. has anyone here ever done anything like this.. they have that 4 parks for 99 bucks.. which is awesome and i would totally like to do it.. thru AAA im doing universals for 7 days for 104
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

As I mentioned, each time that I have purchased FL resident passes, each person that had a ticket had to show ID that proved FL residency. I have never done this on line, but I can't see the security being any different - in fact, I would think that they would be tighter on those tickets at the turnstiles.

I fear that if you try to do an end-around that you will be caught and then end up spending a lot of time trying to fix the situation instead of being in the park the first day.

Disney is very strict when it comes to their tickets and discounts.

im going to call them today and see if each person who has a ticket has to be there the day of purchase to show id.. not only that.. but how many 4 yr olds have ids..
    im not trying to be a pain or cheat.. im tryin to save money in a time when it is needed.. i hate say it.. but universials is offering a awesome deal to bring people into their parks.. and you would think disney would do the same..
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

jus called anyone 17 and under dont have to show id to get the ticket.. which suxs.. wish i could become a fl resident for a day.. lol rent my bosses house out..lol then i would have a resident..lol
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Yep, Disney doesn't offer many deals with their park passes as their marketing strategy relies on the fact that WDW IS the draw to bring people down to Orlando. They offer other deals as an incentive to actually make the drive, but once you get down there, you gotta go to the parks!

The other theme parks offer their discounts on passes to entice people to part with some of their "Disney" dollars to experience something different. I don't know many people that plan an entire trip around Universal, Sea World, or Busch Gardens without a trip to WDW.

For the 5 years that I lived there and bought FL resident passes each year and for the time frame that I was able to maintain a FL resident status after I moved, I was asked for my ID EVERYTIME.

If you have time, try to do the Give a day - Get a day promotion that Disney is doing. - Could be a great way to knock of atleast one day of tickets!

Carolla is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfun55 View Post
    Yep, Disney doesn't offer many deals with their park passes as their marketing strategy relies on the fact that WDW IS the draw to bring people down to Orlando. They offer other deals as an incentive to actually make the drive, but once you get down there, you gotta go to the parks!

The other theme parks offer their discounts on passes to entice people to part with some of their "Disney" dollars to experience something different. I don't know many people that plan an entire trip around Universal, Sea World, or Busch Gardens without a trip to WDW.

For the 5 years that I lived there and bought FL resident passes each year and for the time frame that I was able to maintain a FL resident status after I moved, I was asked for my ID EVERYTIME.

If you have time, try to do the Give a day - Get a day promotion that Disney is doing. - Could be a great way to knock of atleast one day of tickets!

Have you seen the new Universal pricing? The discounts appear to be drying up. They believe the new Harry Potter will be a big enough draw to get you in the park without as big a discount. (Hopefully they are right)

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder

Yea, you do have to show ID. Which I guess prevents a FL resident buying a bunch of tickets to make a profit.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

TInkerchelli is offline B-Ticket Holder

Please do not do this. When you enter the park with a Florida Resident Ticket you will be asked to show a Florida Drivers License. They will match the ticket up to that. Do not do this you will waste your money.