Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Magic Express? in the Vacation Planning forums; I will be using this for my return trip to the airport... next month... How will I know what time the bus leaves the hotel??...
    dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I will be using this for my return trip to the airport... next month... How will I know what time the bus leaves the hotel??

Geppetto is offline A-Ticket holder
    Magic Express seems like a great idea. Like most new things it will have its share of growing pains. I just hope Disney can keep it going considering the great cost the service must incur, or is it scheduled to self-destruct in 18 months, Mr. Phelps? I also wonder who is paying for this--Disney or the airlines, or a combination of both? My guess would be Disney is providing the "go" and the airlines the "dough"!
    "Good Geppetto, you have given so much happiness to others. You deserve to have your wish come true."

"Geppetto buono, lei ha dato cosí molta felicitŕ agli altri. Lei il derserve di avere il suo desiderio si č realizzato."

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    Jediprincess -

I'd give it some time before you choose to rent a car or take a towncar service. Ideally, the kinks of this operation should be ironed out by your trip in the Fall. And it isn't ironed out, then you'll definitely want to take an alternate form of transportation.

Regarding the car services, it'll just be you and your daughters in the car. I've used both Tiffany Town Car and Happy Limo in the past. I'd recommend either one. I've also used Mears bus, which I didn't like because we were the last stop and picked us up much earlier than the town car services for the return trip to your airport.
    I've also rented a car. Consider the option too...you may find with codes that the cost may be about the same as the town cars or about $10-20 more to have a car for your entire trip.

Defintely everyone weigh all your options, sometimes the cheapest isn't always the best. ME is "free" for now, but who wants to lose their bags? I hope they do get this straightened out. However, I doubt I will use it. I don't want to give up control of my bags to more than just the airlines. I usually fly out of Philly myself, and US Airways Christmas debacle is very, very, very fresh in mind.
    Yeah I really hope you are right about this ME because it would really save me some extra money but if not we will probally go with the car service we've been using from our last two trips down. I will check your out as well maybe I will get a lower rate. We've been using Murray Hill Transportaiton and they charge me $90 round trip. I'm wondering is that a standard rate for most of the car services? I never rent a car beacause we stay on resort and this time will be no different since we are staying at the Polyesian.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    The resorts are grouped in "zones", and there are 4 zones, so the MOST you are supposed to have to stop at is three other resorts before your own. Since they know when you are arriving and what resort you are staying at, they can arrange for more buses to be available for a zone when needed.

So if this is working properly by October do you think I'm looking at probaly we could be stopping at the CM and the GF only since these are Magic Kingdom Resorts and we are staying at the Poly?

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    So if this is working properly by October do you think I'm looking at probaly we could be stopping at the CM and the GF only since these are Magic Kingdom Resorts and we are staying at the Poly?
    I believe it will also include Wilderness Lodge in that loop.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Have a great time Pat!

I dont think we will be taking advantage of this service- I havent been too lucky on the luggage front over the past few trips. This all makes me very nervous.

We like the flexability of having a car as well....... so I think we'l pass on the express

OK, with 26 hours to go before my flight, FedEx arrives with my Magical Express kit. Included is a booklet that explains the system (sort of), 4 luggage tags (for just me), and a coupon for a free pin & lanyard. Whether the coupon is standard for everyone or just for those of us who were freaking out over not receiving the tags, I don't know.

The instructions include:
    "When you arrive at the Orlando International Airport, please take the airport tram to the main Terminal building where you will be greeted by a Disney representative and directed to the Disney Welcome Center located on the A side of the airport on Level One.

At the Disney Welcome Center, please present this booklet and your airline baggage claim tickets to the Disney representative to confirm your transportation arrangements to the Walt Disney World Resort."

"When you Depart the Walt Disney World Resort: the day prior to your resort departure you will receive a transportation notice advising you of your motorcoach pick-up time and location. Please note that your pick-up time is scheduled based on your flight departure."

There is a Transportation Voucher for the return bus included in the booklet to give to the driver on the trip back to the airport. On the back of that voucher it repeats the info above plus notes that (your return pick-up time) will be approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes prior to your flight departure time.

As curious as I am to see how this works, I'm still keeping the rental car this trip.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

wouldnt be too bad if you were assured that your bags would get where they were supposed to

I was thinking of using the service to deliver the luggage but get there with the rental car

Pat let me know if you do this and if it worked

Thanks
    Marie

Interesting idea. If I have time I will call them in the morning before I go (they have a separate number for day-of-travel questions) and see if that can be done. Since this trip it's just me and my one suitcase (at least until I go souvenir shopping ), getting my own bag is easy enough.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

Geppetto is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    OK, with 26 hours to go before my flight, FedEx arrives with my Magical Express kit. Included is a booklet that explains the system (sort of), 4 luggage tags (for just me), and a coupon for a free pin & lanyard. Whether the coupon is standard for everyone or just for those of us who were freaking out over not receiving the tags, I don't know.

The instructions include:
    "When you arrive at the Orlando International Airport, please take the airport tram to the main Terminal building where you will be greeted by a Disney representative and directed to the Disney Welcome Center located on the A side of the airport on Level One.

At the Disney Welcome Center, please present this booklet and your airline baggage claim tickets to the Disney representative to confirm your transportation arrangements to the Walt Disney World Resort."

"When you Depart the Walt Disney World Resort: the day prior to your resort departure you will receive a transportation notice advising you of your motorcoach pick-up time and location. Please note that your pick-up time is scheduled based on your flight departure."

There is a Transportation Voucher for the return bus included in the booklet to give to the driver on the trip back to the airport. On the back of that voucher it repeats the info above plus notes that (your return pick-up time) will be approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes prior to your flight departure time.

As curious as I am to see how this works, I'm still keeping the rental car this trip.
    Regis and Kelly this morning were so excited to talk about the new "Magical Express" system at ORL and WDW. They said it was great and magical how their bags got to their rooms before they did. So, I guess not to worry if Regis and Kelly enjoyed the service and highly endorse it!!!
    Last edited by Geppetto; 05-12-2005 at 02:59 PM.
    "Good Geppetto, you have given so much happiness to others. You deserve to have your wish come true."

"Geppetto buono, lei ha dato cosí molta felicitŕ agli altri. Lei il derserve di avere il suo desiderio si č realizzato."

usually it's just one bag for me too- I've gotten better at packing less

but the next trip is the three of us - so more bags.....

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    we will see how it goes on saturday when we get there

Quote Originally Posted by Geppetto
    Regis and Kelly this morning were so excited to talk about the new "Magical Express" system at ORL and WDW. They said it was great and magical how their bags got to their rooms before they did. So, I guess not to worry if Regis and Kelly enjoyed the service and highly endorse it!!!
    I had to laugh...I was watching the same thing. The only thing is...Regis and Kelly didn't use this service! They were just plugging it for their parent company (Disney)! Don't know how "magical" it is since most people have been complaining about it. I haven't heard of too many people saying that their bags beat them to their hotel! But with that said....I'm sure they will get all the kinks worked out soon (or later? )!

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    I hope they send enough tags, even though it is just me and hubby, We usually have 3 bags and 2 take on's. I pack 2 extra bags, duffle bags to bring back stuff, and 1 back pack which is usually filled.
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    I found this on another site: http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/

There will be 4 zones with no more than 4 stops in each zone.
    If more than four stops are needed due to guests from more than four resorts arriving, an additional bus will be dispatched

Red Zone

Magic Kingdom Area Resorts

Contemporary, Polyneisian, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge & Villas, Fort Wilderness

Blue Zone

Epcot Area Resorts

Beach Club & Villas, Yacht Club, Boardwalk Inn & Villas, Caribbean,

Pop Century

Green Zone

Animal Kingdom Area

Animal Kingdom Lodge, All Star Sports, All Star Music, All Star Movies,

Coronado Springs

Black Zone

Downtown Disney Area

Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside, Old Key West, Saratoga Springs

DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast