Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Magic Express? in the Vacation Planning forums; I had no trouble with ME. I did fly SWA and only had carry on on the way down, and you have to check your own luggage when you don't ...
    flutter is offline Moderator
    I had no trouble with ME. I did fly SWA and only had carry on on the way down, and you have to check your own luggage when you don't use one of the airlines they are linked with. So my luggage was with me all the time but the bus service was fast and efficent. I was told that SWA will be one of there airlines soon...possibly by Dec. for my next trip I was told this by one of the people who check you in for ME at the resort.
    My flights were not without incidents though.... I jinxed myself.....I told Stitch I had never had delays with SWA...yes you guessed it my flight home was delayed about 2 1/2 hours. My 6pm flight finally lifted off about 8:30...due to lightning storms the flight from Raleigh couldn't take off to get to Orlando so we could have the plane. Once the plane arrived they did a very quick turn around though. I got into providence about 11:20pm and home about 1am...good thing I took today off from work too...my poor daughter was up late and stayed home from school today too.
    Other than that I had a good trip....a bit too hot but it is June.
    I have decided I like the cold of Dec better that the heat of summer time.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Hey all...I've finished my write-up and review of ME.

Check it out here: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/art...er.php?aid=188

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Excellent article/mini-trip report! Very well done!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Great article Stitch. I'm still not sure the girls and I are going to go the ME route in OCT. We are flying Song as we normally do and we always always ge delay coming back home. I think the only way we will do this is I get our Luggage and just use the bus service. I really hope Disney iron out the kinks before we go down.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    I agree, good article. I like your tips you included at the end.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    Thanks for the tips Aril. Wjen we go in Spet, we are arriving early in the day so I'm not so worried about our luggage...even if it does take three hours. I wish you had better luck, but it sounded like you had your share of problems with everything too. Thanks again.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Yeah April, great article!
    They call me "Nana"

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    Just wondering if anyone knew if they had added any new airlines to the list for the Magical Express yet. I am flying US Airways and this wasn't on the list yet. Wondering if it is. Not leaving till Nov, but still planning ahead and keeping track of things.
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    * Resort Airline Check-In Service at your Disney resort is only available if you are flying domestically (includes Puerto Rico) on the following airlines: American, Continental, Delta (including Song), JetBlue, and United (including TED). [courtesy AllEarsNet]

JetBlue was added within the last month, I believe.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    * Resort Airline Check-In Service at your Disney resort is only available if you are flying domestically (includes Puerto Rico) on the following airlines: American, Continental, Delta (including Song), JetBlue, and United (including TED). [courtesy AllEarsNet]

JetBlue was added within the last month, I believe.
    OKW let me check-in and print boarding passes for Air Tran in June. Actually, I gave her our info and she went into the back and reappeared with the stuff I needed. YMMV.

I'll be trying SouthWest at the BWV come October. Unlike OKW, the BW has a business center.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella
    OKW let me check-in and print boarding passes for Air Tran in June. Actually, I gave her our info and she went into the back and reappeared with the stuff I needed. YMMV.

I'll be trying SouthWest at the BWV come October. Unlike OKW, the BW has a business center.

Many of the resorts will help you do this if you get the right helpful CM at the front desk and your airline allows online check-in. The "Official" list of what airlines you can check in for at the special resort airline check-in desks, is the list in my previous post.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

disneydancer06 is offline A-Ticket holder
    i just have to say what a great article April! That made me feel so relieved about all these bad stories about ME. I know you had some of your problems with ME but at least their nto as bad some people told me and where I have been reading. I received my ME booklet about two weeks ago and we are leaving in two weeks from tomorrow so i received them about a month in advance and i received my free castle luggage tags almost two months ago. So far so good. Because of your tips and your walkthrough, I will know exactly where to go!!
    Laughter is Timeless, Imagination has no age, and Dreams are Forever.
    - Erika

PigletIsMyCat is offline A-Ticket holder
    Awesome article! Even with some of the horror stories I've read about ME, me and DH will be using it this September. We're landing at 4:45 and heading straight for Downtown Disney, so we anticipate our luggage being in our room when we return.
    As for packing necessities in your carry-on, I have done this ever since I was five years old and (I think) Eastern Airlines lost my family's luggage on a Christmas trip to SoCal. I spent Christmas morning in a hot tub in my undies Mom always told me that your carry-on was for one change of clothes, two extra pairs of undies and socks, eyeglasses/contacts, make-up, meds, and a bathing suit. My hubby thought I was a lunatic packing like that for our honeymoon, but gosh darn it, I will not let lost luggage ruin a trip to WDW! (or anywhere for that matter)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345