Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Magic Express? in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone done this yet, I was wondering how things worked.?...
    #1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.

Magic Express?

Has anyone done this yet, I was wondering how things worked.?
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

Haven't used it yet, but was just reading on Mouseplanet today and it said the following....

"There are many complaints about the Disney's Magical Express system, with some guests vowing never to use it again due to how long it took to get everything taken care of (in one case, nearly 90 minutes from the airport to the guest's room). It looks like Disney still needs to work the kinks out of this system."
    I'm sure as with everything it will take time to have things running smoothly! Maybe by the time your trip rolls around it will be better!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Mousesavers.com reported bad experiences as well during the first few days. A program this large is bound to have problems in the beginning.

I'm supposed to be taking Magical Express in 4 days, but I have not received my baggage tags yet. They assured me that I could still take it, and once I landed at Orlando I would just have to go to the desk and they would find my bags.

Call me a chicken, but after reading what has been going on with the long waits, I decided to let them have some more time to straighten things out and booked a rental car instead.

If they are still having problems in a month or two, I'd say there's a major problem with the system, but for the first week or two it was bound to be difficult. By the time your trip gets here, #1EeyoreFan, it will either be running smoothly or no longer in existence.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

flutter is offline Moderator
    I am using it for my June trip I hope they have it ironed out some by then.....I will be flying Southwest, I don't mind getting my own luggage to the bus, but I heard the luggage isn't necessarily on the same bus as you . I hope it works out.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I would not recommend using the service as yet, as they are clearly working out many of the kinks and logistics. Even the driver from Mears (who is working with Disney for the DME), don't know exactly what some of the details are. I did use it for the return trip to the airport, and had no problems, but like I said, i would hesitate to use it or advise anyyone to do the same for some time.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    I'm going down in October and was planning on useing it. So hopefully by then this will have been all iron out.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    I do know they are having some major problems with the airports / security as well. Just not sure all the details etc.

Ah Jason....can you pick me up at the airport

OK - a more positive update at Mousesavers.com today: http://www.mousesavers.com/magicalexpress.html#update

They don't explain why the majority of people using ME the first two weeks did not receive their luggage tags (I still don't have mine), but they claim that those luggage tags are critical to the operation running smoothly. Delays are supposed to be way down now that 60-80% of the people are arriving with tagged luggage.

I'm still taking the rental car.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    I was just reading different people views some had no problems and others had nothing but problems, this being a new system, I would expect it to have some problems, I am know wondering if you get your own luggage, can you still board the Magical Express! This way you don't have to worry about when it will be there, you will have it. I went to the Bahama's a few years ago and they lost my luggage, I didn't get it till the next day. It really reuined my trip.
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Good Question Eeyore fan...I was wondering the same thing. All I need is a ride from the airport to All Star Sports. I can take care of my own bags.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Okay this has me totally freaked out now. If they don't straighten this out by October it looks like we are going to have to do with a car services. Does anyone know if you each resort is going to have their own buses or do we have to stop at each resort?

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Jediprincess -

I'd give it some time before you choose to rent a car or take a towncar service. Ideally, the kinks of this operation should be ironed out by your trip in the Fall. And it isn't ironed out, then you'll definitely want to take an alternate form of transportation.

Regarding the car services, it'll just be you and your daughters in the car. I've used both Tiffany Town Car and Happy Limo in the past. I'd recommend either one. I've also used Mears bus, which I didn't like because we were the last stop and picked us up much earlier than the town car services for the return trip to your airport.
    I've also rented a car. Consider the option too...you may find with codes that the cost may be about the same as the town cars or about $10-20 more to have a car for your entire trip.

Defintely everyone weigh all your options, sometimes the cheapest isn't always the best. ME is "free" for now, but who wants to lose their bags? I hope they do get this straightened out. However, I doubt I will use it. I don't want to give up control of my bags to more than just the airlines. I usually fly out of Philly myself, and US Airways Christmas debacle is very, very, very fresh in mind.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

I think I am going to just use my carry on luggage and carry it myself to the bus. Or as Stitch has said just go get my own bag from baggage claim and bring it to the bus. I too only want the free ride

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    Does anyone know if you each resort is going to have their own buses or do we have to stop at each resort?
    The resorts are grouped in "zones", and there are 4 zones, so the MOST you are supposed to have to stop at is three other resorts before your own. Since they know when you are arriving and what resort you are staying at, they can arrange for more buses to be available for a zone when needed.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast