Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Relaxing Disney Honeymoon Ideas? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey guys! Okay so, I'm getting married next July and it was decided (well I decided, but I think it was implied from the beginning) that our honeymoon would be ...
    Disney*Princess is offline B-Ticket Holder

Relaxing Disney Honeymoon Ideas?

Hey guys!

Okay so, I'm getting married next July and it was decided (well I decided, but I think it was implied from the beginning) that our honeymoon would be in Disney World. My fiance was kind of on the fence about it because he wanted to have a relaxing honeymoon so I've been trying to find things that are relaxing to win him over for sure haha. Just as a side note: I know massages are relaxing...I'm just not too sure about people touching me, so that's probably out...

Any suggestions??? They would be much appreciated
    Engaged at Port Orleans Riverside
    June 9, 2009

Getting married July 30, 2011

Disney Store CM

Yensid_Retlaw is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Relaxing Disney Honeymoon Ideas?

Which resort are you staying at?

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow! Just a dream away!

"A Tip of the hat from Dr. Facilier"

"Cause I've got friends on the other side!"

A proud D23 Charter Year member.

And a dedicated Lead Manager at the Disney Store in Georgian Mall, Barrie, Ontario! 3 years! I almost get a Pluto pin!

Riverside. I know there is the carriage ride which is romantic/relaxing, so there is that option.
    June 9, 2009

Disney Store CM

Yensid_Retlaw is offline D-Ticket Holder

Yep. Staying at Riverside, take a boat out together or go for a bike ride. Just be together. I went on my honeymoon recently and we stayed at Saratoga Springs. Go to the Boardwalk (At night) and walk it and take part in some of the side shows that are there. Stop in at Beaches and Cream. You can even do a segway tour around EPCOT in the morning. It's relaxing and fun once you get the hang of it. Just take it easy and enjoy.

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow! Just a dream away!

"A Tip of the hat from Dr. Facilier"

"Cause I've got friends on the other side!"

A proud D23 Charter Year member.

And a dedicated Lead Manager at the Disney Store in Georgian Mall, Barrie, Ontario! 3 years! I almost get a Pluto pin!

FormerFigmentCP is offline A-Ticket holder

What is your wedding date? I was July 11...anyway, we honeymooned at WDW and had the best time...we'd been there at least 6 times together prior to our honeymoon so we didn't feel we had to see everything. We stayed 16 days (i think...we added a day or 2 because we didn't want to leave), so we had plenty of time to relax and still see all the parks.

First, I'd definately recommend doing the honeymoon registry. We received quite a lot of gifts through that since my husbands family doesnt live near us and couldn't come to the shower. It paid for dining plan and most of our activities and allowed us to buy pretty much whatever we wanted since it was coming out of our pocket.

As for what to do...I'm with you on the massages so we didn't do that either. We did do the carriage ride through riverside, which was really nice and pretty inexpensive. We splurged on front row center tickets for cirque which was great.
    Probably the best thing we did was the fireworks cruise from the poly. totally worth the money. other than that we just ate a lot of nice meals, spent more time at the pools and slept in a lot.

Congrats and have fun!!

mrklig is offline B-Ticket Holder

Do you golf? If he like to, every guy would love to golf at WDW.
    Owner at Bay Lake Towers!

Next Trip: July 15-19 - Adults Only Trip with my lovely wife

Disney Fantasy (1st Fantasy) April 2014

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Haha, my boyfriend and are planning to go to Disney World for our honeymoon and the only way he's convinced is because he (like me) does NOT want a relaxing honeymoon! But that's the beauty of Disney, there's something for everyone. You should definitely do one of the fireworks cruises! And dinner reservations at a romantic place would be nice (Like california grill during the fireworks!) Or grab some ice cream from beaches and cream and go for a walk on the boardwalk

FFCP- We're getting married July 30. We have talked about doing the Honeymoon Registry, just as something different for our guests. I forgot about Cirque du Soleil. I will have to look into the fireworks cruise as well.

mrklig- nope...definitely don't golf haha...I'm a klutz...if I can walk and talk at the same time, I'm doing good!

zippity- I'm pretty sure my fiance thought it wouldn't be relaxing after visiting for the first time in June '09. We were there for 7 days, but it was a busy 7 days. Unfortunately, that's only way I know to visit Disney (constantly be on the go) so slowing down a bit and doing different things will be a totally new thing for me. I was looking into visiting the Boardwalk as well.

Thanks for the suggestions guys you guys are great!
    June 9, 2009

Disney Store CM

williams is offline C-Ticket Holder

I think Disney's Fairy Tale Honeymoon packages are the best and I have used Fairy packages. We are really enjoyed and satisfied their services. I hope you will really enjoy and your dreams become true.

Have fun!

Best Regards,

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...

We had a disney wedding and used the honeymoon registry. I agree about using it! Also make sure you look at different spas around. Different hotels have different spa packages so that would definitely be a way to relax.

You should also rent a boat and take it out for awhile.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

We're definitely looking into the Honeymoon Registry. I'm still not warming up to the spa idea though haha.
    June 9, 2009

Disney Store CM

CarinaBelle is offline A-Ticket holder

The best thing my husband and I did on our honeymoon was ride Splash Mountain at 2am during extra magic hours. We could just walk on the ride, plus frontierland was totally empty. It was really special because we felt like we had the park to ourselves. I know staying up until 2am isn't necessarily relaxing, but the next morning we slept in as long as we wanted, took a dip in the pool, and went to dinner. It was the perfect mix of busy Disney and relaxed Disney.

FormerFigmentCP is offline A-Ticket holder

we did that too...we'd sleep in and not venture to the parks until dinner and then stay until they closed...it's perfect when MK was open until 3! It was great to just hang around the hotel during the day and relax, especially after all the stress of wedding planning.

also, i second the idea of renting boats...i forgot to mention that we rented the water mice and went all over the seven seas lagoon...it was so much fun!

CarinaBelle is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by FormerFigmentCP View Post

also, i second the idea of renting boats...i forgot to mention that we rented the water mice and went all over the seven seas lagoon...it was so much fun!
    Lol, we did that too! The boats were my husbands absolute favorite thing! We have a trip scheduled for this October and he keeps asking me if we can do the boats again.

Another thing I would recommend is having dinner at Victoria and Alberts. It is the best dining experience you will ever have (trust me, I have dined at other AAA Five Diamond restaurants, and they don't compare). If you are addicted to Food network like me, go for the Chef's table, they will demonstrate how they make your food. They also just starting offering seating in the Queen Victoria room, which sounds like a mix of being the normal dining room (very romantic) and the chef's table experience (without being in the kitchen).