Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Help in the Vacation Planning forums; Here's the new deal, my aunt from Cuba is coming to visit. I wanted to plan a trip from May 17-21th staying a value resort. There will be 4 people ...
    dude22blue is offline C-Ticket Holder

Help

Here's the new deal, my aunt from Cuba is coming to visit. I wanted to plan a trip from May 17-21th staying a value resort. There will be 4 people including my aunt. Everyone except her is a Florida Resident. We wanted to do 4 day base tickets with ddp but I was told I couldn't do that because my aunt. I was told and I quote " The other option you may want to consider is becoming a passholder. Then you can book a passholder room reservation for all guests, with the dining plan. And purchase everyone else's tickets separately." How the **** do I calculate all the differences to see what to do and see which might be the best option. Separately with the room discount it starts off $409 for the room (preferred) $239.63 for my aunt and $105 per the three of us. It comes out $963.63 no food or hopper. How do I figure out AP room discount and cost for the DDP for the 4 of us? This is hard . You think I can fool them to thinking Cuba is part of Florida?

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Help

I'm just as confusedas you are on this quesiton, it sounds very involved, the only part I can help you with is that I'm pretty sure you can't fool them about the Cuba being part of Florida part Do you have AAA, you may want to check on their prices.
    Here is a link from touring plans to check the lowest ticket rates, although I don't think it involves Florida residency, but check it out....... Least-Expensive Tickets — The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World
    Also check out this article from Mousesavers about AP's......
    MouseSavers.com - Walt Disney World Annual Pass Information
    read the 2nd paragraph about the 10 days.
    Also, like so many places, if you talk to 10 people your going to get 10 different answers, I would call back Disney and ask the same questions again, I don't understand why a non Florida resident can't get a 4 day base pass with the DDP
    Of course your best bet may be to call a travel agent and let them figure it out
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Help

Good advice above and you might want to call MEI Mousefan Travel for help. They will crunch the nubers for you.