Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Is it better not to give Disney your E-mail Address in the Vacation Planning forums; Good Evening Folks, I was curious if this has happened to others. On 14 Feb, I called Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC) and made two sets of Reservations for September ...
    Mike M is offline A-Ticket holder

Is it better not to give Disney your E-mail Address

Good Evening Folks, I was curious if this has happened to others. On 14 Feb, I called Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC) and made two sets of Reservations for September 2010 at Yacht Club. Everything seemed fine and our second reservation received the expected Reservation Confirmation, then shortly thereafter an invoice showing the $200 deposit, and then about a week after that a very nice customized/personalized color 12-page welcome booklet arrived for them. However, I never got anything! Upon contacting WDTC, they told me that they had setup my reservation such that I was to receive e-mail only and that nothing was to be mailed to me. I expressed my grave dissatisfaction and that I wanted mail to come same as our other reservation. Never, at any time, did I agree to this "e-mail only" policy. Now I am trying to get this corrected and have my name taken off of this "no mail" list that WDTC has placed me on. I have specifically asked for them to send me a nice welcome booklet also. No reply yet. I guess my question is...is it better never to give your e-mail address to WDTC because they will use it against you to stop the neat stuff that Disney will normally send to you? I have been rather unhappy that WDTC did this to me!! Getting neat mail from Disney before a trip is part of the Magic!!! E-mail cannot replace that. I am surprised that Disney would even do this to you without at least asking. No way I would have agreed to this.Thanks for reading. Mike M

VivaWDW.com is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Is it better not to give Disney your E-mail Address

For my upcoming trip. I have been getting both snail and email. I understand the overhead savings that sending email does for the company but I totally agree that receiving the snail mail is part of the excitement and magic for an upcoming trip... I mean, if Disney stopped sending the complimentary maps before a trip, that would really put a dampner on the fun.
    Mario P.
    o VivaWDW.com : My Personal/Random WDW Musings o

5/'11 :9 Days @ Contemporary Tower - TPV | Star Wars Weekends
    6/'10 :8 Days @ Contemporary Tower - TPV | Star Wars Weekends
    8/'09 :7 Days @ All Star Movies - Toy Story
    10/'07 :6 Days @ All Star Movies - Fantasia | MNSSHP
    10/'06 :5 Days @ All Star Movies - Dalmations | MNSSHP

Mike M is offline A-Ticket holder

Good Morning Fellow Disney Fans,

Just thought I would ring back in on this and provide closure. I had the worst time with this problem. I called back to WDTC 3 times complaining about not receiving any mail IRT my reservation and got nowhere. The cast members there could not even see a problem. They were no help at all! I also contacted Guest Services several times to no avail. I was actually getting quite frustrated with this problem and appealed to Disney to let me speak with a manager since our existing reservation seemingly cannot be corrected.

I am happy to say that the Yacht Club concierge finally got involved. I figured it would take a little "horsepower" and get this problem corrected and I was right. After all my efforts led nowhere, it took the Guest Services Manager at Yacht/Beach Club to call the Guest Relations Manager directly and request that our reservation be rebooked and "start everything over from the beginning".

I am glad to report that this worked and, with the new reservation, I have finally received the expected Reservation Confirmation by mail and shortly thereafter received the expected invoice showing my original $200 deposit. It only took two months and personal attention by the Yacht/Beach Club Guest Services Manager to resolve the problem, but I am happy to report that things are finally back on track now. Lesson here is never to give up on Disney. Just keep trying to "work your way up the corporate ladder" and express your concern.

I still say "beware" in ever giving your e-mail address to WDTC. I know from experience now they will use it against you. Next time I make a new Disney reservation (and I will someday), one thing I will know is that if you like Disney Mail in your mailbox, then "never give your e-mail address to WDTC".

Anyway, we are glad the problem is finally resolved. We now have one-hundred-forty-three (143) days left until Mission Disney 2010.

Thanks. Mike M

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

That's good info to know, glad it all worked out for you. They have my e-mail address already so it's to late for me for my next trip but I'll keep it in mind for the future. What I don't like about the travel company is their big brother policy.....how many times have I visited? How many times in the last 2 years?? Have I ever stayed at the resort before?? They already have all this info, so why keep asking stuff you already know
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

WVParkfan is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
    I still say "beware" in ever giving your e-mail address to WDTC. I know from experience now they will use it against you.
    One of the things I really love about the Disney corporation is their sincere efforts to "go green," while not imposing their views on you. You would be amazed at the amount of recycling that goes on "below" the Magic Kingdom! But above ground, there really isn't anyone/ anything to tell you to recycle.

I think Disney's efforts to help improve the environment includes trying to make all transactions and communications electronic these days. I applaud them for that. However, in your case, it is not something you want. So, I am glad that they can accommodate your needs.

It is amazing to me how much things have changed. At my work, we've gone from 100's of paper memos and files per day, down to about zero. Everything is now electronic. Since I do that at work, I'm comfortable with my travel reservations all being electronic. So far, I have absolutely no papers for my upcoming trip to Disney, but I feel confident that I no longer need that "hard copy."

So, good for you for getting what you needed. And good for Disney to accommodate you. But also an "atta boy" to Disney World for their green efforts.
    April, 1998 Coronado Springs
    April, 2001 Coronado Springs
    January, 2004 All-Star Sports
    July, 2005 Caribbean Beach Resort
    April, 2006 Pop Century
    December, 2006 All-Star Sports
    March, 2008 All-Star Movies
    April, 2009 All-Star Music
    August, 2010 Disney's Swan Resort