Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Family Reunion/Vacation at WDW in the Vacation Planning forums; My wife and I are trying to convince her family (2 brothers + Spouses and kids and the Grandparents) to come together for a family reunion/vacation in a year or ...
    kpcarrier is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Family Reunion/Vacation at WDW

My wife and I are trying to convince her family (2 brothers + Spouses and kids and the Grandparents) to come together for a family reunion/vacation in a year or two. I took my wife for her first trip for our honeymoon, the rest of the family has never been. I am trying to come up with ideas of how to get them excited and on board with the plans. Any help is very appreciated. Also has anyone taken a trip with their extended family? How did it go?

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Family Reunion/Vacation at WDW

Welcome to the boards. Sending a free WDW vacation planner DVD to everyone is a nice start. While there is not enought info to actually plan your vacation, everyone will get an idea of what is at the World. There are lots of tips out there. Depending on all the kids ages, you might want to look at not having everyone stay togeher throughout the day, but getting together each day for lunch or dinner and maybe one attraction at a park.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Family Reunion/Vacation at WDW

We may be doing one in November, it takes alot of planning. I think the best way to get them excited is to get them a guide book (maybe passporter or birnbaums) and let them pick and choose what they would like to go on or things they would like to see. It's important to make them part of the planning, otherwise it's just your vacation and they are tagging along. Also go to allears.net and show them the menus for possible places to eat and also plan to seperate at some point, let them make some discoveries on their own. Have fun
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!