Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss New Things to Do/Ride/See since 2008 in the Vacation Planning forums; It has been so long since I've been on here. Since my last post I have had a 3rd child, moved into a new house and become a hockey/soccer mom. ...
    aprilhendrix9 is offline B-Ticket Holder

New Things to Do/Ride/See since 2008

It has been so long since I've been on here. Since my last post I have had a 3rd child, moved into a new house and become a hockey/soccer mom. LOL

So, my family is finally ready to return to Disney. We took our last trip in September '08 and are returning this September with a 6 year old, 3 year old and 1 year old.

Are there any new must see/must do activities rides, etc since September '08?

Also, a while back I know that the rumor was that the Test Track was closing. Did that ride indeed close or is it still open? That was my 6 year old's (at the time 4) absolute favorite ride and he is already talking about it.

Thanks everybody!
    This September!! . . . 2010-6 days-Animal Kingdom
    1994-1 day-Mgic Kingdom-Off Site
    1995-1 day-Magic Kingdom-Off Site
    2008-5 days-Polynesian

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: New Things to Do/Ride/See since 2008

Test Track is still open. Not sure of the timeline on rides but I believe the newest ride would be Toy Story Mania in MGM, which they are calling DHS now (Disney Hollywood Studios). They use to have a page on the official Disney website that you could put the date in that you were in Disney last and they would come up with a list of things that were new since that time, but I just checked the site and couldn't find that page (it is Not one of my favorite sites to navigate). I would either go to allears.net or get a good guide book and you'll have a better idea of what is new or maybe just stuff that you and your family never got a chance to do.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: New Things to Do/Ride/See since 2008

A lot of the updates all seem to melt together over time, so you may have seen some of these... TTA, SM have been updated, Hall of President's was refurbed as was Pirates of the Caribbean. Kim Possible is new at Epcot.