Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Dvc in the Vacation Planning forums; My Family and i are heading down to the World in December of this year we already booked our room at our home resort DWL however we would like to ...
    zwandel is offline B-Ticket Holder

Dvc

My Family and i are heading down to the World in December of this year we already booked our room at our home resort DWL however we would like to get go to a different DVC resort with more rooms since it will be my parents my grandparents and my wife and I how far in advance do we need to do this and what is the probability that we can move to a different resort thanks all
    ZACH

goofypal is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Dvc

You can book a non-home resort at 7 months. So you are already in the 7 month window for December depending when in the month you are going. Call member services right away to see what is available.

When you say you need more room, do you mean more bedrooms or just more overall square footage?

The only thing with more bedrooms than the standard 2 bedroom is a grand villa (which sleeps 12 - and only at OKW, BWV, SSR, and BLT I believe - and they are hard to reserve in busy times at 7 months) and the treehouse villas at SSR (they have 3 bedrooms, but only sleep 8 or 9, and one of the bedrooms has bunk beds).

If you want more square footage in a 2 bedroom, you have to go to OKW. The newer resorts all pretty much have the same layout/square footage. The living/dining room at OKW is huge - probably twice the size of the other resorts. We love OKW just for that. If you actually plan on people sleeping in the living room, you probably want to go to OKW. Plus you park right outside the villas - a bonus if you drive. One word of caution. If you have people in the party that may have trouble climbing stairs, request a ground floor or one of the new buildings that have elevators for medical reasons. The older buildings do not have elevators, and those stairs can be a bear. My wife has bad knees, and it has been no problem requesting ground floor for medical reasons.

Kidani Village and BLT also provide a 2nd bathroom with the 1 bedroom villas (total of 3 bathrooms in a 2 bedroom), so that may play a part also.

Have you thought of getting a studio for one of the couples?

Hope this helps.
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0

zwandel is offline B-Ticket Holder

We are looking for another bed room so my wife and i do not have to sleep in middle of the living room we have always wanted to stay at OKW but every time we call at the 7 month mark they are booked we are going DEC 5-12th so i do not know how difficult it will be

goofypal is offline Fastpass Holder

You are going at the historical DVC busy season, but OKW is a large resort. I don't think you can make a 7 month reservation until 7 months from the last day of your stay - in your case May 12. However, that may have changed recently. Call member services first thing on May 5th to check.

If you do get into OKW, request a newer building. The original buildings only have one entrance into the master bath - and that is thru the master bedroom. The second phase of OKW has 2 entrances into the master bath - from the master BR and from the living room.

If you have the points, getting a studio for your grandparents might be a good option - that way you and your wife can actually get the master bedroom instead of the sleeper sofa.

Another thing to think about is the 2nd bedroom at OKW has 2 queen beds (not a queen bed and sofa bed like VWL), so you could put both your parents and grandparents in there.

If you can't move, request a dedicated 2 bedroom at VWL. Those also have 2 queen beds in the 2nd BR as opposed to a queen and a sleeper sofa in the lock-off 2 BRs.
    Paul and Lisa Goofyhouk
    Cabin 7690
    Lou's Cruise 2.0