Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Room Key, Ticket, Meal Plan Combination Question in the Vacation Planning forums; My family and I are heading to WDW in early June for an eleven day stay. We are checking in to Kidani village for one night before moving over to ...
    bmoss8302 is offline A-Ticket holder

Room Key, Ticket, Meal Plan Combination Question

My family and I are heading to WDW in early June for an eleven day stay. We are checking in to Kidani village for one night before moving over to Bay Lake tower for the rest of our trip. We have purchased meal plan and tickets for 10 days.

I have been told in the past that we cant tie our tickets and meal plan to our room key until we offically check-in to Bay Lake tower which would be the first day we plan to head to the parks.

I am trying to figure out if there is anyway to tie our meal plan and tickets to our room key without driving all the way over to Bay Lake tower early in the morning and checking in before heading to the Animal Kingdom Park that day.

This might just be one of those things that cant be avoided but if anyone has suggestions I would love to hear them.

Thanks
    Ben

LordQx4 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Room Key, Ticket, Meal Plan Combination Question

From my experience you will need to check in before you are able to use the meal plan. When using the meal plan the server runs your room card\key to the world card to deduct a meal credit, without the card there is no way for the server to know if you are on the meal plan.
    Disney Stock Holder, D23 Member, DVC Member, AP Holder

bmoss8302 is offline A-Ticket holder

Thanks Lord Qx4 for the info that has also been my experiance in past trips. I realize that I should of clarified that I will have a Room Key from Kidina village that morning since we would be checking out and moving to Bay lake towers. Has anyone had their tickets and meal plan placed on one key and then had it moved to a different key mid trip. As of right now our plan is still not to tie anything to a key until we checkin to bay lake tower but if it can save the hassle of driving over early in the morning I would be open to doing it different

OldKeyWestgirl is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by LordQx4 View Post
    From my experience you will need to check in before you are able to use the meal plan. When using the meal plan the server runs your room card\key to the world card to deduct a meal credit, without the card there is no way for the server to know if you are on the meal plan.
    I believe this is correct as well. I would ask the front desk to see if they can make the transportation easier for you.

Believing in yourself never goes out of style