Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Yacht Club Transportation Question in the Vacation Planning forums; One of our nights at WDW, we plan on dining at California Grill during the fireworks. That night I'm planning to just spend time before and/or after dinner visiting the ...
    Disney's Folly is offline C-Ticket Holder

Yacht Club Transportation Question

One of our nights at WDW, we plan on dining at California Grill during the fireworks. That night I'm planning to just spend time before and/or after dinner visiting the three monorail loop hotels.

We'll probably stroll through Epcot and pick up the monorail to TTC and onto the hotels. But coming back is a mystery. I don't think we can back track that since Epcot will be closed. And i know we can't take a bus from any of the three hotels without transferring. I'd love to avoid taking a monorail to MK and contending with the onslaught of bus departures. Is there any other option? Does the TTC have transfers to the Yacht Club?

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games

Re: Yacht Club Transportation Question

No, you have to take the monorail to the TTC, walk around the corner to the left, and catch the bus to Downtown Disney. There you transfer to a bus going back to the Yacht Club (and Beach Club and Boardwalk...) After saying all that, your best bet is to walk out front at any of the resorts, and catch a cab!
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I agree with the cab idea, it's worth the money
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Mike M is offline A-Ticket holder

I am pretty sure that you will indeed need to get off the monorail at the Magic Kingdom vice the Ticket Transportation Center (TTC) and catch a bus direct from MK to the Yacht Club (or any other Disney Resort). I may be wrong but I don't think you can catch a bus from the TTC to any resort.

If at a resort, the TTC is definately not a bus option. You can only go to the MK bus station which is right outside the entrance. You can go direct from any resort to any park, water park, or Downtown Disney, but you cannot go from any resort directly to the TTC. For this reason, I am pretty sure the TTC has no bus service. Most people who stay at Disney resorts already have tickets included in their package and thus have no need to go to TTC.

I hope this is helpful and sorry in advance if I am wrong. But I don't think I am IRT the buses. Cab is always an option.

Thanks. Mike M

Disney's Folly is offline C-Ticket Holder

Thanks all!! Sounds like it may even make more sense to just bus over from Polynesian, GF or Contemp to DTD and then over to Yacht Club. I'd rather avoid the mad rush at MK for the busses. Plus it gives me an excuse to spend more time checking out the resorts