Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Question about Free Dining Plan and Older Reservations in the Vacation Planning forums; Good Day all, We made our Disney Reservations for this September way back in February before they started advertising the free dining plan during this period. Right now we are ...
    Mike M is offline A-Ticket holder

Question about Free Dining Plan and Older Reservations

Good Day all,

We made our Disney Reservations for this September way back in February before they started advertising the free dining plan during this period. Right now we are paying full price for 8-nights at the Yacht Club including the dining plan.

Should I call Disney and ask about getting the dining plan free and thus lowering our amount due? Not sure how this works since I made the reservations before they were offering this. Also, should I call the Yacht Club directly about this since we have pre-existing reservations?

Does the free dining plan apply to Club Level rooms? Will that make a difference?

Thougts?

Thanks. Mike M

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Question about Free Dining Plan and Older Reservations

What about the 40% off deal that's happening? My friend is staying at a deluxe resort and was going to get free dining, but her travel agent informed her that the 40% off deluxe resorts and paying for the dining plan is cheaper than paying full rack rate plus free dining. Either way you should call and get one of the deals for sure!

I'm not sure about club level though... it might not apply :S (unless you can just upgrade?). It doesn't hurt to ask, I've called before to apply deals to previous reservations and they're always very nice about it.

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

definitely call, they can look at it with you and modify your existing reservation to whatever is the best deal for you. I've modified the same reservation more than once as better deals came out.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

You, or your travel agent, should definitely call and re-book the better deal.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

You should definitely get some kind of discount in September, work out the numbers and see if free dining works out better for you over a discount on your room.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!