Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss adding a person to a booked vaca. in the Vacation Planning forums; I currently have a vacation booked from Dec.3-11, but i have my sister planing on coming down to join us on Dec. 6 is there a way to add her ...
    bigyanks is offline C-Ticket Holder

adding a person to a booked vaca.

I currently have a vacation booked from Dec.3-11, but i have my sister planing on coming down to join us on Dec. 6 is there a way to add her to our reservation and set up the magical express bus and dinning plan from when joins us? or does she have to be added as if shes joining us the 3rd?
    1989 - 1998 - Off Property
    August 2006 - Off Property
    May 2008 - Saratoga Springs
    Dec. 2008 - All Star Movies - Engaged
    Dec. 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
    Dec. 2010 - Bay Lake Tower (new dvc members)
    August 2011 - Beach Club Villas
    Disney Dream Cruise
    September 2011 - Animal Kingdom Villas

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

Re: adding a person to a booked vaca.

i would say it would be as if she was joining you the 3rd. if she booked the 6th it would be considered an different ressie all together.. im not sure.. just my thoughts
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

I would think it would be the 3rd as well, but that would mean she can't use the magical express for the 6th when she arrives. Also everyone on a reservation needs the same package, so you would need to pay for park tickets and dining plan meals for her for the same amount of days as the rest of you... I'm sure you could use the dining credits up easily enough, it would be a shame to have to buy the park tickets and then have to pay to get her a ride from the airport to Disney hm.

VivaWDW.com is offline B-Ticket Holder

Just got back from a June 4 -12th vacay @ the contemporary. My sister joined us on the 9th.

The Plan
    The room we stayed in, accomodated an additional adult and the cost was $25 dollars a day.

She could not be added to the DDP as should would have to added to the full reservation (Tickets and Room for all days).

She purchased her tickets online prior to arrival (the more you play, the less you pay!).

Executing the Plan:

Tickets
    She was able to consolidate the ticket card she received in the mail with the key to the world she was given when she checked in... makes for easy carrying around.

Room
    Best case was to add her the day she was arriving; else you'll be charged for every day (if you add her early).

Magical Express
    Since she was added to the room reservation, DME could look her up in the computer system with my original reservation confirmation # when she went up to the DME desk at Orlando airport. If your sister checked in any luggage, then she can give the claim tickets to the DME desk and they will retrieve and deliver with the usual caveats. My sis had no problems and took less than 5 minutes end to end.

She was also added to the departure information (and flight check in was automatically done and hanging on our door know the night before ) for the ride back to the airport.

Dining
    Since I purchased the deluxe plan... My wife and kiddos shared some meals (ask for the free bun when you order a double cheeseburger! makes for an easy split)... And the gamble paid off, we were able to share the DDP with my sis at counter services areas (sure)... but we also used it at Chef Mickey's Breakfast, CRT, 1900 Park Fare breakfast, San Angel Inn, Mama Melrose and..... even California Grill!!! The cast members were sooooo accomodating it was awesome.

I hope this helps!
    Mario P.
    o VivaWDW.com : My Personal/Random WDW Musings o

5/'11 :9 Days @ Contemporary Tower - TPV | Star Wars Weekends
    6/'10 :8 Days @ Contemporary Tower - TPV | Star Wars Weekends
    8/'09 :7 Days @ All Star Movies - Toy Story
    10/'07 :6 Days @ All Star Movies - Fantasia | MNSSHP
    10/'06 :5 Days @ All Star Movies - Dalmations | MNSSHP