Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Pre Trip Excitement and Flashbacks from last time! in the Vacation Planning forums; After the Laugh floor we headed off towards Toontown. I was on a mission to take picutres of everything I could there as the next time we get to Disney ...
    petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Pre Trip Excitement and Flashbacks from last time!

After the Laugh floor we headed off towards Toontown. I was on a mission to take picutres of everything I could there as the next time we get to Disney it won't be there anymore so first Mickey's house:

every time we visit Mickey's house his Kitchen's a mess tut tut!!!
    Next Minnie's House

and the random others:

After strolling around the houses it was time to go find some fairy friends

wait was soooooooo long. Princess line seems to be moving all the time and fairies line just didn't move... This was definately the longest line of the whole trip but after a really really long wait I eventually got shrunk down to size to enter the fairy world and meet:

Iridessa who couldn't work my pen

A very glittery Tinkerbell said I had to fly a long way from Ireland!

And Vidia said I look like Lizzy from the last Fairies movie!

So after a long wait for Fairies I went off to find my mother again and we headed off to fantasyland for some rides and browsing shops of course!
    I don't remember which shop in fantasyland this was but eitherway I never noticed the peeping tom before:

First ride was Snow White's Scary Adventures wait time was 15 minutes so this won over WTP it was 20 mins lol!:

Then Mickey's Philharmagic it said 5 minute wait but I reckon it was missing a 1 before that 5!!:

I have this pic as well as while we were waiting for everyone to get seated and show to start I was explaing the idea of a hidden Mickey or possible hidden Mickey to my mother

After then it was time for Mam's favourite ride Peter Pan:

After Peter Pan I legged it down to Main Street as it was nearly time for Disney's Electrical Parade.
    Quick photo as I passed through the castle:

And Parade pics:

After Parade I went searching for my mum again had lost her when I made my dash for to get to Parade on time and then we went to find a spot to watch Wishes
    The castle was doing it's usual colour changing thing I think I got a pic of every colour won't put them all here but I love the Pink one:

Then Wishes started. (I also loved the way they had two different colours on the castle at times like this pic):

My absolute fave colour of the castle is the Blue with the moon and stars like Sorcerors hat:

The thunder and lightening had been going all day even when the rain stopped and when wishes was on over to the left the sky was joining in and there was Fork lightening over Adventureland side of Disney... Looked kinda cool didn't catch it on vid or in a pic though. After Wishes I was teary eyed because it was meant to be our last park day (I say meant to be!) and I didn't want to leave disney We took our time leaving and decided to get a taxi back to Hotel so to avoid crowds we stopped off to explore the main street bakery and get some disney food to bring on the next part of our trip
    One last pic:

and it was bye bye Magic Kingdom for another year

Next up last disney day

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i love all your pics.. and i loved pecos bill.. but when we were there it was kind of crazy too
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    i love all your pics.. and i loved pecos bill.. but when we were there it was kind of crazy too
    Thanks. The food was yummy but the crazy was bad and then when mam got upset it kind of spoiled it.

yep... i can see that.. i cant wait.. i'm excited to get back. and were going to take this trip slower and not jam pack it so much. were doing one park a day.. and i'm eating our sit down meals in the same park so no bunch of traveling around.and in the middle of the week were heading over to universal.. because brent wants too.. but i dont need to go.. he likes the place.. and its part of the deal.. there just isnt enough rides that him and her will ride.
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

yep... i can see that.. i cant wait.. i'm excited to get back. and were going to take this trip slower and not jam pack it so much. were doing one park a day.. and i'm eating our sit down meals in the same park so no bunch of traveling around.and in the middle of the week were heading over to universal.. because brent wants too.. but i dont need to go.. he likes the place.. and its part of the deal.. there just isnt enough rides that him and her will ride.
    The only things I like in universal are ET and Suess landing. I luv looking at WWOHP but won't go on the rides. I hate rollercoasters lol!
    Taking the parks slow is the best. you'll see more and enjoy it more then whatever you missed you have the excuse for next time. I have to go back because I missed the Muppets in DHS

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by petals3485 View Post
    Thanks. The food was yummy but the crazy was bad and then when mam got upset it kind of spoiled it.
    Oh, man. I want a burger now. Thanks, guys...

Quote Originally Posted by petals3485 View Post
    The only things I like in universal are ET and Suess landing. I luv looking at WWOHP but won't go on the rides. I hate rollercoasters lol!
    But the entire UO resort only has five roller-coasters; Walt Disney World has (or will have) just as many.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    Oh, man. I want a burger now. Thanks, guys...

But the entire UO resort only has five roller-coasters; Walt Disney World has (or will have) just as many.
    No probs!

Aye I don't do the coasters in Disney either. I do small world, peter pan, wtp, shows and parades they're my kinda thing And UO just lacks 5ft mice!

Day 10 was our last Disney day but it wasn't the end of our trip...
    The Plan for today was a special breakfast and then hang out somewhere in disney just basically spend last day in Disney.
    So first we headed towards the Polynesian resort for our breakfast. We were a little early arriving so wandered around the shops in the lobby taking pics:

more hidden mickey's

Soon enough it was time to check in at our breakfast in:

Our server explained we were all cousins and got us seated pretty quickly and brought our breakfast... I took some food pics (not many)

My first ever Mickey Waffles:

First character over to us was Lilo, followed by Stitch and then it was time for the parade:

Pluto came over a few times.. He kept sneaking up on my mum who would jump really high I think he found this funny:

It took ages for Mickey Mouse to come to our table but I wanted to wait for him anyway. Plus we weren't in a rush for the day although our server did seem to get a little impatient once we'd paid the bill that we weren't leaving and seemed to be trying subtly to give us a hint she wanted us to leave. I didn't really care I paid for it and I wanted to wait for the main mouse lol
    While we were waiting I was taking vids of the characters going around and at one point whatever Stitch did was a bit bad obviously because Mickey told him to go stand in a corner lol:

Stitch didn't agree with this idea and started dancing!
    Eventually the main mouse made his way over to our table

and we had waited that long that we got second pictures with Lilo and Stitch. Stitch came over as we were leaving and gave us a big hug.
    This breakfast was a bribe in the first place because mam didn't want to go to a character breakfast but she did say it was the best breakfast we'd had on the trip and the character interactions were brilliant. Totally worth it
    After the breakfast we headed out to the bus stop to decide our next destination and I of course took some pics along the way:

Soon after getting the bus we arrived at:

We'd never been here before to properly explore I think when I was little and we went to disney we only went to the cinema at Pleasure Island as it was called at the time (we saw pocahontas ) But we'd never explored Downtown Disney properly. I of course got loads of pictures:

A ghostmas tree in the Christmas shop:

In Goofy's place:

I wanted one of those apples but they're huge and kinda expensive so passed on it:

World of Disney was HUGE:

I got lost and lost my mum several times and these dudes scared the sugar out of me going in the door lol:

But I like the way it's decorated:

I wanted to get this for my boys (the dogs):

but the pup got a Mickey mouse collar instead which I will have a pic of later in the trip report
    We stopped off in the lego shop to pick up something for my nephew and I played with legos while my mum browsed lol:

This is my little lego creation:

it's not very good but I was only messing really lol! While I was doing that though some dude came over and asked me if I would take his picture with my lego creation so he could pretend he had built legos in Disney.
    After that we went to Portabellos to try out their Meatball bar because I'd been listening to Lou's podcast on the way over on the aeroplane about Portabellos meatball bar (the one where they were all trying the meatballs and discussing thoughts on them) so we had to go there obv! While we were there the very friendly barman (same one from Lou's podcast but I only copped that after we were talking to him) was telling us about the horrible love bugs and how they aren't even real insects they were invented by some university in Florida to try keep mosquitos (spelling?) population down! I don't like insects in general but they were everywhere when we went!
    Anyways after food we went shopping for out last souveniors and I took more random pics:

Had a little bit of CM magic as well as was still pin trading and spotted a Bambi badge I liked but forgot the rule of green lanyards are only for under 12's but CM called over another CM gave the pin to her and then she traded it with me so love the nice CM's
    As we were heading back to the buses there was some Parrots out at the Rainforest cafe:

We still had one park day left on our tickets so decided for the last few hours to go explore one of the parks a little bit more so we hopped on the first hotel bus to arrive got a brief glimpse of the hotel:

I so wanna stay there sometime but we didn't get to explore because just as we hopped off the bus the bus we were looking for arrived

So as soon as we got off the bus at Pop we hopped straight onto a bus to Epcot because I wanted to get a last few character pics. I had main fab 5 in different costumes like safari etc and wanted to get them in their original costumes and knew I would get that in character spot in Epcot plus we still had one day left on our tickets so off we went...

First off went to England and found a bouncy Tigger and Winnie the Pooh in the back of a little shop with a ridiculously small queue. I think maybe there was one person in front of me SCORE!!! I have no idea why maybe it was because it was about 6.30 then or something I don't know but I wasn't complaining! The interaction was fun and the flower pen I had went down a treat! Pooh bear smelled it and gave it to Tigger who sneezed! I had no idea when I brought that pen that the characters would have such a cool reaction to it. I only brought it because it matched the book ha ha!
    Anyways after fun with Tigger and Pooh we headed back to character spot and stopped off in Canada on the way to browse and look for pressed pennies:

Then character spot where again the flower pen went down a treat. Donald gave me the pen as if he was giving me a flower. Pluto smelled it. I loved this pen a million times more after this trip lol!

see pluto smelling flower

Goofy was being eh... Goofy because I had pigtails in and I think he thought they matched his ears so he got me to hold them up for the pic while he did this with his ears so we matched:

After the character spot fun I was talking to mam about my pressed pennies and noticed how the countries on world showcase seemed to each have their own pressed penny and how it would be cool if we could get them all but wouldn't have time this trip... She just said why don't you try to get them so eventually after some yes, no, maybe so conversations I set off on what I like to call my "sprint around the world" to try get some but decided that wherever I got to by a certain time would head back then because mam wanted to leave at 8.30.
    So mam went off to find a bench to rest on and because I already had Mexico from a previous trip my first stop was China and of course I took pics along the way while searching:

Germany took the longest because the CM went missing when i needed change for the machine so then quick dash to Italy:

Before heading to America:

A run to Japan:

I have not seen Monchichi's for years and wanted one but no time to stop for one lol.
    Also thought these were pretty:

Next Morocco:

before a quick dash to France whose pic didn't turn out to well
    Then the international gateway because as I learned along the way China and Japan's pressed pennies aren't in the world showcase pavillion they're in the international gateway:

Funny story there. I had just legged it around the park looking for machines as quick as I possibly could. Went to the counter in the International gateway to get change and shiny pennies from a really nice CM who asked was I collecting them and then handed me a list of all the shops and exact locations and exactly what pennies were where in Epcot.. WHEN I WAS FINISHED GETTING THE ONES I WANTED!!! I did think it was funny though and have it for the next time to get the ones that weren't country pennies as such
    After that I think it was 8.20 so I legged it back through England and Canada and back to my mum who was amazed that in two hours I'd met seven characters and been to the entire of World Showcase and were headed back to the bus lol!

Last Disney day was a go with the flow day but worked well we saw new things and it was fun! Plus I saw many parts of Epcot I hadn't before and if and when we go back will take the time to explore alot better than my quick dash through.
    So thus ended the disney side of or trip so we went off to the hotel to pack and have some disney treats

but our trip wasn't over we had another four days somewhere before we went home.....

I also didn't mention in my Magic Kingdom day. 99.9% of the CM's we met were wonderful and helpful and friendly and no problem with them but we stopped at the pin trading cart just beside Pete's Garage going into Toontown and met a really really creepy CM who followed me around the cart as I was looking and leered at me for want of a better way of describing it. It was kinda creepy and my mum didn't like what he was doing so came over to stand beside me when I was looking at the pins. Other than him and maybe the slightly confused one at Pecos Bills and the grumpy one or two we met at character pics the CM's were fantastic though and I luved when they kept calling me princess and snow white at the MNSSHP cos it made me feel special ha ha (big child)

kool.. where can you get those penny lists in each park.. i want one!
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

kool.. where can you get those penny lists in each park.. i want one!
    It didn't happen at any other park but I'm sure if you went into whatever the main shop of the park is and asked at the counter they'd have it. Maybe ask a CM they might know which shop would have it. At Epcot I only got it by accident off the guy in the shop at the International gateway.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

"A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast