Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Pre Trip Excitement and Flashbacks from last time! in the Vacation Planning forums; we're trying to decide what park tickets to get... Basically we want to visit Islands of Adventure, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, DHS and Seaworld, possibly Universal and possibly Epcot if ...
    petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Pre Trip Excitement and Flashbacks from last time!

we're trying to decide what park tickets to get...
    Basically we want to visit Islands of Adventure, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, DHS and Seaworld, possibly Universal and possibly Epcot if we've time.. although at the mo Epcot and universal is out cos no time
    We can get a combo ticket which covers the disney parks and two universal parks for 14 days for 430 dollars.. is this a good or bad price or is there a better way to get tickets?

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i forget how much we paid in feb.. i think universals was 109 per person for 1 day 2 park.. and seaworld i think was like 70 or something but you could get a free ticket for the next day if you wanted and i opted out.. i think at universals were going to do one day one park because we basicly just wanna see harry potter's wizarding world.. then were getting the horror nights ticket for universals on the stay and scream deal
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I usually just buy a 10 day park hopper without expiration, then use it over the next few years. Lately, we've been doing all four parks in one day, plus the Christmas or Halloween party, so I don't need any more than a day or two. Those tickets last me for many many years, which is great seeing how Disney hikes up ticket prices nearly annually. The one thing I would NOT do is waste a full-day ticket on the same day I'm going to the Halloween or Christmas party. Double-paying to get into the parks on a day isn't good sense. Spend the day at the pool or walking around the hotels to take in the atmosphere, maybe do a character breakfast somewhere, then go to the party at 4pm. But don't waste a ticket and money on the parks from 9-3.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I think the combo ticket is only for 14 days from time you start using it afaik.. I wonder though would it be better to buy a ticket for universal for one day to park hop cos I don't think we'll have time to go back down there anyway and then buy a four or five day ticket for disney seperately not sure which would work out cheaper!

we did unverisal 2 park 1 day and was fine.. we got to do what we wanted too
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    we did unverisal 2 park 1 day and was fine.. we got to do what we wanted too
    Yeah in Universal we only really want to see Simpsons and Quikie Mart and go on ET In IOA it's HARRY POTTER and Suess cos was in musical Suessical as a who this year lol!

So update on this trip.. Got Sci Fi reservation thanks to Chrissy and paid more off my hol today I'm also now hunting on ebay for tradable pins to bring with me that I won't want to keep

Time for another Flashback to 08
    I've already noticed from the various web forums etc that we miss an awful lot of things in every park and I intend to try fix that this year depending on energy levels
    But anyways Day 7 last time was:

Disney's Hollywood Studios!!
    We got a taxi here from our hotel and I think it cost somewhere between 35 and 70 dollars. We were as I said before staying at the entrance to Universal so a good 30-40 minutes drive from disney.
    Some random pics from the park! I love this one:

We went to Voyage of the Little Mermaid and went to look at one man's dream and then took a stroll around the park and shops
    We came across these guys as we walked around:

We headed to Hollywood Boulevard then to grab a good spot for the parade and were slightly annoyed to find parents apparently reserving their parade spots with strollers.. We waited about 20 minutes to see if they showed up and when they didn't just pushed the stroller over so we could sit on the kurb... When the woman came back she spent the whole parade shoving the stroller into our backs and lifted her child out onto the street! Anyways here's two of the many pics I got of the parade:

After the Parade we headed for Muppet vision

and then High School Musical 2 as it was at the time

As we came back around to head for Beauty and the beast show we met these guys:

Minnie totally spotted my camera there and waved I love it We also met Stitch and it was my first time meeting Stitch and had a fun little interaction with him.. I had a Little Miss Trouble T-shirt on and he totally played it up.. I was a big child and went running up and he jumped back with his hands on his face shocked and pointing at the t-shirt in the pic from that interaction he's pointing at the t-shirt as well!
    Anyways after fun with Stitch we headed for Beauty and the Beast

After that I really wanted to wait for Fantasmic and we were queuing and all ready to go in but then mam wanted to leave to get a taxi ahead of the crowds so we didn't see it This year I'm defo going to try again for Fantasmic though
    Last edited by petals3485; 07-19-2010 at 09:43 AM.

fantasmic is awesome!!! i love it.. and after reading 70 bucks for a taxi.. i went and rented a small car for one day to drive us to universals and back
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

fantasmic is awesome!!! i love it.. and after reading 70 bucks for a taxi.. i went and rented a small car for one day to drive us to universals and back
    Yeah in 1995 we rented a car and dad drove around but mam didn't want to in case we got lost.. I think we would have been better getting i ride up as far as we could and getting a taxi from there and get them to drop us back at the first i ride stop lol! Oh well apparently there's a bus to and from the parks from our hotel this year for 7 dollars each way but whether we use that will depend on times like if it's not coming back late at night after MNSSHP! :O

Anyone know btw with the tickets on disney webpage if I get a 4 or 5 day ticket without the extras like park hop and expiration date does that mean I can use it four times from when I first use it or does it have to be used four days in a row?

On a side note this is my current disney pin collection which I intend to add to this year Disney Pins - a set on Flickr

Ok more flashback.. Day 8 last time our dance teacher had arranged buses for us all to go to:

Busch Gardens!
    It was a hot hot hot day!
    First we went to their bird/pet show

I thought the show was good. My mum fell asleep though!
    After the show it was so hot we needed ice-cream to cool off and sat watching a music show.. can't remember what the name of the group playing was but they were good and some were cute always a plus

We also went on a train around an area around park... I think it was similar idea to safari in Animal Kingdom except train instead

Around the park there was staff members holding animals as well so people could get up close or take pics with the animals.. here's a baby croc I got:

Strangest but coolest thing of our trip happened in Busch Gardens as well last time. There was an Irish dance show on called Celtic Thunder in one of the cafes at the time so we said we'd go see it just out of curiousity. While we were waiting we were talking to an American couple at our table and they were asking us because we are Irish did we know anyone in the show of course we said no... little did I know!!
    Waited for show to start another few minutes and next thing out dances one of the girls from my music class in College.. I was totally in shock but went up to her after and we caught up a bit so was cool! Neither of us knew the other one was in Florida so it was brill!
    After show we just walked back to bus browsing shops and stuff as we went some random pics of Busch Gardens:

kool, i like you mickey snowflake pin on the 2nd page
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

kool, i like you mickey snowflake pin on the 2nd page
    Thanks think I got that on ebay... Just found out about scrapper/fake pins though so just spent the last few hours checking my pins.. been lucky only found one scrapper/fake!

Oooh have been a tad naughty as well.. Mam said no character breakfast things in disney.. well then I heard bout Ohana and love stitch so kinda reserved it in the hope of talking her into it... Hmmm can always cancel if i don't manage to talk her round

lol.. i believe all mine are real most were either bought or given to me by disney i really like the character dinning.. but it is really $$$ but i would rather pay the $$$ then wait waste good disney time waiting in line to see someone for them to change characters on me right before my turn...lol
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

lol.. i believe all mine are real most were either bought or given to me by disney i really like the character dinning.. but it is really $$$ but i would rather pay the $$$ then wait waste good disney time waiting in line to see someone for them to change characters on me right before my turn...lol
    I know they're pricey. Will see.. Can always cancel it just getting excited and want to gaurentee stitch meet

I have 100 or there abouts badges so I think one fake in that many ain't to bad!

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast