Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Pre Trip Excitement and Flashbacks from last time! in the Vacation Planning forums; 80 days to go So more flashback... Day 9 last time was meant to be a "rest day" lol Didn't really work that way... Firstly day 9 was Easter Sunday ...
    petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Pre Trip Excitement and Flashbacks from last time!

80 days to go

So more flashback...
    Day 9 last time was meant to be a "rest day" lol Didn't really work that way... Firstly day 9 was Easter Sunday so I woke to find this at the end of the bed:

Apparently the easter bunny had left one for the little girl we were sharing with and didn't want me to feel left out

Anyways after that we were meant to be taking it easy and it would have all gone to plan except some of the dancing mammies decided to get a taxi together to the Florida Mall and since we've never been there we decided to go along for a few hours.
    This dude was in the middle of the shopping centre as well day that was in it and all that:

Also got this pic in the disney store there:

I think we had practice for an unplanned dance show then that evening before we all headed to the Pirates Dinner Adventure on International Drive.. our group took up two sections of their arena and some of the younger dancers ended up on the ship at some stage in the show lol fun times!

It was also one of the mini dancers birthdays so they brought her out a cake and everyone sang happy birthday and what not.. Fun night though if not slightly different from parks
    Last edited by petals3485; 08-06-2010 at 05:24 PM.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i wanted to do that show... but i heard that the room as a soured water smell to it
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    i wanted to do that show... but i heard that the room as a soured water smell to it
    The Pirate show? I didn't notice a sour smell there is a strange smell but it's not bad or very heavy or anything. I put it down to the smoke from cannons and the likes and then there is water all around the boat as well! It is a good show though we all did it as a group in 2005 and 2008 and food is good plus they continue to refill your drink all night. It's fun as well the way the pirates get everyone involved cheering for your coloured pirate and what not.

78 days

I wrote a countdown on my calendar so when I get up everyday I can see how many days are left til Disney and then every night I cross off another day

Oh did a little bit of holiday shopping and gathering as well while I thought of the things..
    Firstly getting pins off ebay to trade have a few ordered now so waiting for them to arrive...
    Also was looking for an autograph book and pen to get some autographs again and have bid on one from the park but in case I don't get that I remembered I had an Ariel notebook and matching pen from a few years ago I never used so searched for that and found it in the attic
    And actually on a side note also in the attic I found a Winnie the pooh alarm clock I'd gotten last year and never used so tried it out last night and so funny this morning cos didn't know what the alarm tone was on it but basically it plays mickey mouse club march song over and over until you hit the button then it says "Good Morning" I was like wtf but it was so funny!
    Oh and got me a denim shorts to go with my holiday clothes already have disney t-shirts and that I'm going to bring but only had one shorts and then though 3/4 length pants.... I remember last time it was colder in the morning so we were in 3/4's and then ended up changing to shorts in parks cos it was to hot dunno what it'll be like in September though.
    Also found some American coins and notes left over from our last trip think there's only like 2 dollars ish in it but sure will bring it anyways can use the quarters and pennies for to add to my pressed penny collection
    Last edited by petals3485; 06-30-2010 at 05:07 PM.

i usually go to our local hobby store and get a book and some scrapbooking stuff and make my own autograph books.. i have a friend who made some really cool ones for tayen.. i might hit her up to make me one for our trip..

my boss is in FL for the next 2 weeks so i have vowed to wear a mickey shirt everyday for the next 2 weeks at work were not supposed to wear shirts with things on them like that.. im so jealous they are going to wdw.. their taking thier boys they adopted like a year ago from the Ukraine.. i know those boys will freak when they get there.. the youngest one andre seen my phone and how i had the castle as my screensaver and he grabbed my phone going disneyworld!
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Lol sounds cute about the two boys..they'll love it no doubt
    I can't wait.. Got more holiday shopping today.. Got a pair of those crocs that look more like shoes rather than the clog type ones for like 5 euro which is about 6.50 dollars!
    I took a pic of the ariel notebook and pen I'll post it later.. I think I'm going to use that as my autograph book

im so excited for you.. i really need to get on the ball myself
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

im so excited for you.. i really need to get on the ball myself
    Agh I'm to organised lol!
    Here's piccies of the stuff i was talking bout though
    my new crocs so I bring less shoes

My plan is to wear these going and only bring one pair of black shoes for night time so I have more space for the new trainers I plan to buy over there ha ha
    Then this is the Ariel notebook and pen I'm going to use for autographs... actually forgot I had that notebook and found it in a box with a load of disney pens the other day

Inside pages.. the pic came out a little darker than it should be but you get the idea..
    Last edited by petals3485; 07-05-2010 at 11:57 AM.

i LOVE the pen and notebook
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

i LOVE the pen and notebook
    Thanks think I got that in the Disney store in England one year ages ago.. I also got a snow white pen similiar to that Ariel pen and my mam got the matching notebook of snow white.. Have a box full of disney pens and stuff though luv them

Two more random questions.
    If I end up going to my dining reservations alone is this allowed... Character breakfast solo??
    Also with the dining reservations it has price is 15 -29 dollars whatever is there a set cost or does it depend on what you eat?

you can go alone.. im sorry if you have too maybe nat will go with ya if its a buffet place i think the price is set and you can eat all you want.. if its a table sitting and you order from a menu things all have different prices.. to bad you couldnt stay at disney and get free dinning.. i was lucky enough to wake up tuesday morning and see they extend it.. and i called AAA right away an got it added
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

I'm only doing a what if case in my head now with my planning!

Wonder what the price will be for buffet style?! I dunno it said 15 to 29.95 dollars for cost on the website.

Got and Irish colours lei today for breakfast at O'Hana
    Last edited by petals3485; 08-11-2010 at 07:00 PM.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Maybe it's 15 for children, 30 for adults?

I may be doing a character meal solo on my trip, too, if my buddy and his family can't go.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I thought since I've reached 60's this week that I'd add another flashback in..
    Day 10 was an unplanned dance day at:

I think one of the dad's knew someone that worked there or something of the sort anyway somehow we ended up doing our show there out in the sunshine outside the imax theatre and the best bit.. we were the first ever Irish dancers to perform there Some astronaut came out to talk to us after as well which was brill!
    After the show we went on a bus out to the shuttle launch site but didn't have a lot of time there before we headed back to hotel.
    Didn't really get many pics that day it's mostly video of the show but here are two I did get..

That evening was a take it easy evening cos we had our Disney dance day the next day so we just went cinema in Universals Citywalk to see Horton hears a who!! I was really surprised at how cheap it was for cinema over there compared to home it was 4 dollars where over here it'd be about 9 or 12 dollars depending on whether it's a 3D movie or not!
    Anyways this dude was in the Lobby of the cinema:

Did I mention in 69 days I'll be on my way to Florida again whoop whoop
    Last edited by petals3485; 08-11-2010 at 07:00 PM.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast