Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Need help planning vacation with toddler! in the Vacation Planning forums; My husband has to go to Orlando for work this October, so i thought it would be a great opportunity to take my 3 year old son to Disney World. ...
    fantasmic81 is offline A-Ticket holder

Need help planning vacation with toddler!

My husband has to go to Orlando for work this October, so i thought it would be a great opportunity to take my 3 year old son to Disney World. I have been to Disney World quite a few times, but always with friends -never with young children. I want this short Disney trip to be perfect for my son. Can you please give me some suggestions of what to do with him? What rides would he enjoy at this age? Where should i bring him to eat?? I am planning on staying at the Polynesian and only going to Magic Kingdom, Epcot and MGM. I would really appreciate any advice you could give me!

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

Re: Need help planning vacation with toddler!

you wanna do the mickeys not so scary halloween party.. so much fun.. and for toddlers i enjoy doing the charcters meals because its just the ezist way to meet the charcters.. kids hate waiting in line... and this way you can eat and they come around to you.. Magic Kingdom is awesome.. lil ones have alot of rides they can do... and at studios their are things they can do there.. toy story, and the play house disney live.. at epcot i didnt feel my toddler like it as much.. she enjoyed animal kingdom better.

we have took bug at 1,2, and 4
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Sharon&Randy is offline D-Ticket Holder

We went last September with our 2 and a half year old and stayed at the Poly.
    Don't forget to just enjoy the Poly and the beach. At this age they love the simple things.
    My daughter loved playing on the beach and watching and listening to the boats.
    She loved the boat ride over to the Magic Kingdom. The only park we went to was Epcot.
    We also have older children. She really enjoyed the sea area and taking our time in the aquarium. All we heard about was her telling us about Nemo. She enjoyed Space Ship Earth and the boat ride at Mexico. This is a great place for characters. She loved the Biergarten restaurant. We all had a blast dancing. The other place she loved was in the Imagination building. After the ride the play area. She could have stayed there a long time. We did a lot with her since her siblings are older.

This is a video of her experience. Make sure you have or rent a stroller.

YouTube - SharonAndRandy6's Channel
    Last edited by Sharon&Randy; 06-29-2010 at 03:05 PM.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

we brang our own stroller.. i dont like the disney ones.. they all look alike..lol
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

So much depends on how adventuresome the three year old is, I had one of each variety. I had my kids at WDW, 1st one 14 month, 2nd 2 months.

Both my kids enjoyed Epcot. Try the Seas, Spaceship, Figment, Living with the Land.

MGM was the stretch for me. Movie ride, prep for jumping out people, obviously ToyStory, Mermaid, Playground, walk through NY Street area, great pictures and stands, Muppets.

MK-Depending on height, my kids loved Splash, when DD was little I pointed to the bird before the big drop, explained he wasn't real but close your eyes and when we are past I'll tell you to open your eyes. I had her open her eyes after big drop, she never knew.

Carousel, Buzz-loved shooting guns, pirates-I bought them a gun there first and told them it was a game to get all the pirate, flying carpet, Dumbo, Jungle Cruise, Small World, Peter Pan, Pooh, Carousel, Indy Cars-I had them sit on my back pack after we pulled out so they could see, mine loved Haunted Mansion-no dark issues with mine, Tom Sawyer Island and then the Big Boat loop. Train is great as is HM is they are about to fall asleep-motion puts them out. Country Bears is great to cool off.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon&Randy View Post

Make sure you have or rent a stroller.
    At Poly I'd bring your own. That place is big for little legs and you can roll right on the Monorail.