Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss February in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi all, I have always taken my trips to Walt Disney World in November and once in April. I have to push the trip I had planned for November back ...
    vikstar is offline A-Ticket holder

February

Hi all,

I have always taken my trips to Walt Disney World in November and once in April. I have to push the trip I had planned for November back to February 2011 but hey at least I'm still going

I have never been in February before and I was wondering what the crowds/weather etc might be like? It's probably going to be the first week in February.

Any info anyone can give me would be really helpful.

Thanks

Victoria
    Last edited by vikstar; 07-22-2010 at 02:41 PM.

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: February

We visited this past February and had a brilliant time. The only thing was it was much colder than it should have been due to all the snow they were getting on the East-Coast, so no swimming for us! Crowds were very low and we got to do everything we wanted to with very little wait. Would definitely go back in February again.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i went in feb.. we got there the friday before vday.. around that time their is cheerleading stuff going, the daytona 500, and lots of kids are off for presidents week the follow week..

i have been in july in the dead of summer and enjoy it more than i did in feb

it was COLD!! and i have never seen such crowds in my life.. we were there for 8 days and it was awful at disney.. seaworld and universals.. yes it was still cold but not too bad crowded..

i will never go back then again.. unless the hubby wins another trip to disney...lol

meaning it was free!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

February is great, if you pick the right times. Due to the holiday, if you time it correctly, you're set. Parents are more likely to take their kids out of school if they can incorporate an existing day off. The earlier in the month, the better, usually.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

before i looked i seen it was going to be busy.. the tour books are dead on about the crowded times of the year... but i had no idea.. so check with a tour book.. i will say getting to go is getting to go.. and i will take any chance i get to to go to disney.. so if this is when you can go.. i say make plans and go with it.. our trip was gifted to us.. so hey.. it was unexpected and just happy to get to go
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    it was COLD!! and i have never seen such crowds in my life.. we were there for 8 days and it was awful at disney.. seaworld and universals.. yes it was still cold but not too bad crowded..
    It always depends on your definition of cold, too. Where I'm from, 50º is put on your shorts. I've been to places where it's 75º out and people are wearing sweaters
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

i live in KY, no i wasnt wearing a winter coat.. but yes my ears, nose and hands were numb... i got a wdw hoodie and some princess gloves and went with it...lol tayen had her hoodie gloves, and a blanket...lol

with the wind.. i believe my hubby said it was like 30.. if it wasnt for the wind it wouldnt have been so bad.. but i have to say once the sun went in... we did too
    Last edited by Chrissy&Tayen; 07-13-2010 at 06:34 PM.
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

sorry guys, i dont mean to sound like a downer... but dont want anyone blind sided either..
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Cameo is offline And the voila... you've got a Figment!
    Riding my tricycle around the parking lot

Living in Orlando, I've gotten to know the crowds pretty well. First week of Feb should be relatively dead in the parks. The week of President's Day is school vacation for lots of areas and the parks get absolutely slammed with people and stay rather busy through mid-April due to various spring breaks.

As for weather, Jan and Feb are the hardest times to guess. It can be 70s or 40s. Definitely plan for cold nights though... easily in the 30s.

It's a good time to visit and I'd recommend it. Just be prepared with layers and warm stuff for after dark.
    ~Sarah~

A dream is a wish your heart makes....

"Tom Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

It will certainly be warmer than the UK, but cooler than you are used to in Florida. Unless some arctic air blasts through, I think you will find the weather pleasant and sunny, and the crowds very manageable.

williams is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by vikstar View Post
    Hi all,

I have always taken my trips to Walt Disney World in November and once in April. I have to push the trip I had planned for November back to February 2011 but hey at least I'm still going

I have never been in February before and I was wondering what the crowds/weather etc might be like? It's probably going to be the first week in February.

Any info anyone can give me would be really helpful.

Thanks

Victoria
    Hi Victoria,

I have Feb trip experience and spent a great time. The Feb climate usually colder however I think it is a good time to visit to WDW because it isn’t a crowded time and you can get everything easily, that you want.

Good luck!

Best Regards,