Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Must See Resorts During Christmas? in the Vacation Planning forums; I've heard that in addition to MVMCP, the Candlelight processional and all the storytellers at Epcot that the resorts themselves have great must-see things. I never thought I would get ...
    AquaDame is offline A-Ticket holder

Must See Resorts During Christmas?

I've heard that in addition to MVMCP, the Candlelight processional and all the storytellers at Epcot that the resorts themselves have great must-see things. I never thought I would get to go during the Christmas season but I discovered I had extra vacation time and there was free dining so I spontaneously called my Mom and asked if she wanted to go and well... now we are!

I've heard that the Floridian, Wildnerness Lodge and the Beach Club (I think? Chocolate carousel?) have amazing decorations set up that shouldn't be missed but are there any others? I am plotting my course to sneak my Mom to them in a way that doesn't make her feel cheated (dinner at 1900 Park Fare before MVMCP for example) and Im curious if its going to be harder than I thought if we do not devote a whole day... or are those three the only must sees? I can't describe how excited I am!

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: Must See Resorts During Christmas?

Definitely the grand Floridian for the gingerbread house! Beach Club for the chocolate Carousel. Contemporary had a neat chocolate pinocchio set up in 06 so you may want to give it a try. Wilderness lodge is beautifully decorated, and so is Animal Kingdom Lodge. Have fun!!!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

If you have some time, I heard it is fun to stroll through Fort Wilderness and look at all the decorations the campers put up.

AuburnDisneyFan is offline A-Ticket holder

Also, the Polynesian has gingerbread houses decorated by it cast members on display. Last year, the Pinocchio at the Contemporary was gone, a cast member said it was now retired. We didn't devote a whole day to look at the resorts-just went park by park. We went to Animal Kingdom Lodge after Animal Kingdom. Walked to Beach Club from Epcot. Rode the monorail to see Poly Contemp and Grand Floridian, then the boat to Wilderness Lodge from Magic Kingdom. Also,when we went, Photopass photographers were in the Floridian and Animal Kingdom Lodge to take pictures in front of the trees. This might be at all, but those were the only two we stopped at

AquaDame is offline A-Ticket holder

Thats what Im hoping I can pull off - just quick drop ins as we go to take it in. I nabbed a reservation for Boma for dinner as well, I've never been but she surprisingly wanted that more than BBQ... she's getting more adventurous as she ages, I love it!

As a side note, we are booked for the FQ - been there once before and we liked it, but would anyone say that the decorations at Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs would be better? I chose FQ because of reservations that the building we get would be too far to walk, and my Mom doesn't particularly like the southwest (or their food), but now I am of course rethinking that those are weak reasons to ignore new resorts! >_<