Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss What is the first thing... in the Vacation Planning forums; Our tradition is go to Magic Kingdom and eat at Crystal Palace. If we're at the resort, waiting for our room to be ready (which usually isn't often that we ...
    Crzy4Dzny is offline A-Ticket holder
    Our tradition is go to Magic Kingdom and eat at Crystal Palace. If we're at the resort, waiting for our room to be ready (which usually isn't often that we have to wait), then we definitely hit the store. But, Crystal Palace is what we call our 'tradition.'
    Katie

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    First thing we do, since we usually arrive at Noon, is to eat lunch and then it's off to the MK for the rest of the day. There is no better place to get a dose of the Disney magic and some pixie dust. :mickey:
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I agree about going to the MK first - something about that place that just sets the mood for the entire rest of the vacation!!

I'll be there on September 10th!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

disneychris33 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Magic Kingdom has my vote. There's nothing like seeing Cinderella's Castle to get you in the Disney mood!
    :mickey: Disneychris33 <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'October 5, 2007 6:05:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkred>Going to see the mouse</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Here I come Mickey';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Trying to figure out what we're going to do first on Friday when we get there...

I think my daughter needs to see the MK right away. 9 1/2 months is long enough to wait!
    Lou Mongello

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    dont forget the Dole whip and the popcorn - for you not the baby!! ( she might like a taste of dole whip though..... )

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Don't forget the haircut!

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games
    That's easy, we try to go to Who Wants to be a Millionaire: Play It!, at least until they close it!
    When we first arrive in Orlando, we usually rent a car, drop by a grocery store and pick up some supplies, and check-in to our resort, even if it isn't ready yet. It's usually ready about half the time. If it isn't ready we get something to eat and head to one of the parks, usually Disney-MGM Studios.
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

Good to know! I'll look for you there!! (I'm the short guy in the DWT.com T-shirt beating himself about the head if he's second in the fastest-finger round)
    Lou Mongello

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Good to know! I'll look for you there!! (I'm the short guy in the DWT.com T-shirt beating himself about the head if he's second in the fastest-finger round)

Ya gotta be taller than I am
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

kmzairdetail is offline B-Ticket Holder
    No real tradition, but I guess we could make it a cruise around the lake on the Monorail.

Please stand clear the door, por favor man tengan se aljado de las puertas!!!
    Thanks Bob!!!!!!! LV Tour 2005

huskybear is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The first "Disney" thing we did this year was to celebrate my partner's birthday with dinner at the California Grill. There were 6 of us (all family) including 2 kids (6 and 4 y.o.). We all enjoyed experiencing Wishes from the top of the Contemporary Resort.

Just thinking about how I love entering the Magic Kindgom, and hearing the sound of the WDWRR whistle in the background. (espcially when I'm in Frontierland, of course). Something about it just brings back such great memories of being there. (Lou getting choked up.... talk amongst yourselves... I'm a little "verklempt")
    Lou Mongello

mrskpete is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    What is the first you like to do when you get to WDW?

(checking in to your hotel not included)
    Turn around and gaze into my kids eyes as they take it all in! Their first expressions upon entering any of the 4 parks at WDW is magic to this mamma's eyes! Then whichever park we are in we take our first picture by something meaningful.
    ---------------
    MRSKPETE

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    My husband did so much research before our trip last summer and he was convinced that we needed to begin the first day at a disney park that the kids might enjoy but not be completely thrilled wioth because he didn't want them to be dissapointed in one park in particular. We began with Epcot and even though it rained 75% of the day the kids really had a great time in all of the parks. They didn't like one more that the other.

Of course we had to end our trip at Magic Kingdom- no other way to go out!:mickey:
    Laura

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast