Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss What is the first thing... in the Vacation Planning forums; Everyone seems to have their own little routines or traditions when they get to WDW, including what they like to do first... So here's the question: What is the first ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Question What is the first thing...

Everyone seems to have their own little routines or traditions when they get to WDW, including what they like to do first... So here's the question:

What is the first you like to do when you get to WDW?

(checking in to your hotel not included)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

tiggerguy is offline WDWRadio.com Moderator
    When I first get settled I like to take a walk around the grounds to get a look.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    go to the Magic Kingdom and see the Castle!!Then I know that I'm really there!!!

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    I have never really had any one thing I did everytime first. Just getting there and seeing the stuff was enough for me. Now I am lucky enough to see it everyday.

Jennifer2003 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Go to the Magic Kingdom! I start and end my trip with the castle!

BethBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Whenever we are at Disney World - Magic Kingdom is our first park - we would always take the riverboat (as a kid this drove me crazy - I hated how long it took - I just wanted to hop on the monorail and be there!) but now as an adult - I love it! It is not the Magic Kingdom without being on the riverboat watching the castle getting closer!

hmm... I think I feel a MK craving coming up!
    Last edited by BethBreakey; 06-11-2004 at 01:06 PM.

NORMNB8S is offline And they call him Sandy Claws
    I always hit MK first. We always like to get there a little early. Someone in the group has to lean out the window or out the sunroof to try to get a picture of the welcome gate as we drive up. Risking death for Disney....Then it's off to Space Mountain. Always first...always has been, always will be. Just like the last thing I do is always Splash Mountain.
    Engaged to a wonderful woman on 12-12-08 at the Magic Kingdom!

Pop Century - August 2005
    Caribbean Beach - December 2008

adambreakey is offline Moderator
    Well - Beth and I have the same routine (kinda makes sense, doesn't it) -- First thing is riding the ferry boat across the seven seas lagoon. (then the monorail to the parking lot after the day at MK)

I was talking with Beth the other night about our tradition of riding Big Thunder Mountain to end the day - usually getting about 3-4 rides in before it closes... being on the last train is always fun - one more time... one more time.. ahhh... good times.

adamb
    To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge.

akur is offline 1 hour's drive to WDW.

first thing to do

I always have to get a funny hat... last time it was the Mickey ears with sorcerer's cap.
    Ana The Librarian

I trade books! See my available list at:
    Books available

Have books to trade? Join Paperback Swap

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    Isn't it amazing how many people make the MK their first and last stop?

NORMNB8S is offline And they call him Sandy Claws
    Well, the MK is Disney. Everything about Disney is great, but the Kingdom is the definitive stop! I won't set foot in another park on my Disney vacations until I have gone to the Kingdom.
    Engaged to a wonderful woman on 12-12-08 at the Magic Kingdom!

Pop Century - August 2005
    Caribbean Beach - December 2008

judycats is offline D-Ticket Holder
    im with you guys! i cant wait to go and see the castle, look for characters, and go on some of the rides i havent been on in years!!! yeah!!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I actually like to slowly stroll up Main Street.. take in the Castle... the sights... the smells.... There's something about the first time you enter the MK (even now) that gives you such a great feeling. September can't come fast enough!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by adambreakey
    Well - Beth and I have the same routine (kinda makes sense, doesn't it) -- First thing is riding the ferry boat across the seven seas lagoon. (then the monorail to the parking lot after the day at MK)

I was talking with Beth the other night about our tradition of riding Big Thunder Mountain to end the day - usually getting about 3-4 rides in before it closes... being on the last train is always fun - one more time... one more time.. ahhh... good times.

adamb
    I think that would make all of us in the Breakey Clan. The ferry boat is a must when arriving at the park. Once inside the park, the order seems to change trip to trip. No "one" thing that has to be done first.

One ride on Splash Mountain and then multiple rides on BTMRR complete the day. It isn't an official trip to the MK without it. Then spending time on Main Street and the monorail.

I miss Magic Kingdom.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

ladymarganne is offline A-Ticket holder
    Well, I have to agree with the rest of you...definitely walk down Main St. But, even before we do that I like to completely unpack as soon as we check into our room in a Disney resort, of course, so I can really feel like *we're home*! Sometimes we take a stroll around the grounds, first, too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast