Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Doing things a little backward this time in the Vacation Planning forums; Well it's been a little while since I've posted on here but I still check the site daily. I have a couple questions in regards to my family's next Disney ...
    Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Doing things a little backward this time

Well it's been a little while since I've posted on here but I still check the site daily. I have a couple questions in regards to my family's next Disney trip.

We were really hoping to be able to go this coming up September but my dad is in construction and work for him has been so unpredictable for him this past year that we never really know when he'll be working steadily. So instead of booking our vacation months in advance like we normally do, this time we're just buying everything as we are able to save the money up, and when everything is bought we get to pack up and go. That way we won't have to make payments on anything if work gets slow for my dad and money gets tight.

The trip will be
    my dad (46)
    my mom (46)
    me (21)
    my boyfriend Nate (21)
    my sister Amber (19)

We finally saved up enough money for our Disney tickets-- 10 day MYW with park hopper and water park options. I went ahead and bought those last week since I knew ticket prices were rumored to go up. Those alone cost over $1800 so it's a big relief to know we don't have to worry about them now. We still need our airfare, hotel (we plan on splitting the stay between POR and the Poly), SeaWorld tix, Islands of Adventure tix (we're dying to see WWoHP), and MNSSHP tix if by some slim chance we are able to make it this fall.

We have the money saved up for WWoHP and almost enough for SeaWorld. Does anyone know if these tickets are the same as Disney and are valid at any time once you buy them? I'm assuming they are, but I want to make sure they aren't going to expire any time soon before I go ahead and actually purchase them.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

GoofyRulez is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Doing things a little backward this time

Smart...I wish my 19 y/o had that much sense or cared that much about the family finances. I hope you get to go soon. Happy planning.
    Goofy Rulez

D23 Member Since September 2010

Walt Disney's
    Carolwood Pacific Railroad
    Member Since March 2011

June,1978-First Time-Off Property
    April,1994-My 24th Birthday-1 Day Trip
    Nov,1995-1 Day trip
    Aug,1997-1 Day Trip
    Sept,1998-Our Disneymoon-All Star Music
    June,2003-1 Day Trip
    Aug,2010-Caribbean Beach Resort
    Aug,2012-All Star Movie

Thanks. Even though we have no definite dates of when we get to go, its still fun to plan. I did find out the SeaWorld tickets expire within one year of when you purchase them...anyone know about Universal?
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

You might want to call Universal or a travel agent to confirm how long the tickets are good for. I hope everything works out for you and you can visit this fall.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Ridiculous that park tickets for a family of five, ten day or otherwise, cost nearly $2,000 huh? But you're doing a great thing by planning it all out, and then taking dad's work potential future work situation into account. Not sure if you added on the no-expiration feature to the Disney tickets, though hopefully you did. This way, even if things do get tight later on money-wise, you can cut the trip back a bit and still have those tickets forever. Keep us posted as your planning comes together.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Yeah, it is crazy that tickets for a family of five are so expensive. There's usually only the four of us going, and adding just one more person increased the price of the trip by about $1200 for everything that we want to do. It's also hard because now we have to stay at one of the more expensive on-site hotels since the values and most mods will only accomodate 4 people to a room...
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

Quick update..we recieved our Disney tickets in the mail! Woohoo! Hoping to buy IoA tickets this week!
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

Also, in case anyone besides me was curious, I called Universal and was told their tickets don't ever expire until you use them, just like Disney.
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Have you looked into prices for the family suites at All Star Music? They sleep 6.
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?