Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Wine and Beer Run? in the Vacation Planning forums; We are flying and staying at POR and I would like to get some libations for the room. What is the best and/or most efficient way to obtain a couple ...
    Brent is offline B-Ticket Holder

Wine and Beer Run?

We are flying and staying at POR and I would like to get some libations for the room. What is the best and/or most efficient way to obtain a couple of bottles of wine and beer?

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Re: Wine and Beer Run?

When we were at POR in '01 and '04 I bought some beer at the gift shop/grocery in the main bldg. It was crazy-expensive, though. Can't remember if they had any wine...
    When we were there in Dec. of '08 we were at DTD one night and I asked a CM if there was a convenience store nearby. He directed me to one south of DTD just across Buena Vista Drive. I remember thinkin' the prices were a bit more reasonable. We always fly in too, and have never had a rental car, so I just walked there and back and then brought it back to our resort on the bus.
    Room service would probably be your best bet for a good (but, probably pricey) and efficiently delivered bottle of vino, I'm thinkin'.
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka

They definitely will have beer at the resort. I think they might have wine available also, but don't quote me on that. It may be a bit pricey. I'm pretty sure the Hess over by the Swan/Dolphin will have beer also. Goodluck!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

designbymk is offline B-Ticket Holder

So the best deal on beer and wine will either be the aforementioned Hess (although there's a closer Hess from where you're staying across the street from Downtown Disney).

Or there is a Goodings Supermarket just outside the gates of Hotel Row, not sure on your transport needs but if your a walker you could take a bust to Downtown Disney, take a walk for the mile or so and then pick the DTD bus back up. Just a thought. There are a couple of Wall-Marts around if you have a car.

Shopping plaza with the grocery store:
    crossroads disney world - Google Maps
    Last edited by designbymk; 08-12-2010 at 11:34 PM. Reason: fix link

Carolla is offline C-Ticket Holder

For beer if you don't have a car, Hess may be your best bet. MUCH cheaper then the gift shop. There's one by the Boardwalk and one across from DTD.

For wine. Hess has it, but it's like "one brand take it or leave it". I get mine at Epcot!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

If you have a rental car, visit wal-mart or Publix on Irlo Bronson Hwy. If you are using only Disney transportation, then it will require bus rides to a resort near the Hess stations on property. At that point, it might be easier to just get a cab for one run to get all your supplies.

If you are taking ME from the airport then you'll need to catch a cab to some place. If you are being picked up by a town car service most of them will give you a free grocery stop.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

We stay at POR a lot. We take the bus to DTD, walk up hotel road about 20 minutes, nice evening stroll, cool hotels to look at, their is a grocery store across the main road at the end of the hotel road. We take a cab back to POR. It is apx $13 to get back to POR if you get in a Disney preferred cab. Ask the bell hop before you leave for their # of the one WDW uses.

Considering an individual bottle of wine, on glass is about $7 at the grocery store it is worth the $13 cab ride back, pick up some bottled water while you are at it. If you are in a Disney approved cab they will be able to drive you back to where your room parking area is, much closer than the lobby.

Brent is offline B-Ticket Holder

So does the World Showcase sell wine from their respective countries?