Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss When do you think is the best time to go? in the Vacation Planning forums; I often plan WDW vacations for family and friends, and the most asked question is almost always "when is the best time to go?". Clearly, there are pros and cons ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Thumbs up When do you think is the best time to go?

I often plan WDW vacations for family and friends, and the most asked question is almost always "when is the best time to go?". Clearly, there are pros and cons to going during the on/off seasons (bigger crowds during the season, yet many attractions closed for refurb and shorter hours in off-season, etc).

So, being the experts that you all are, I wanted your opinions as to When is the best time to go to WDW and why?

(For me, ANYtime is the best time to go)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    We have gone at various times of the year, but our favorite is in early November- temperatures are just right for us and the crowds are not so heavy.When the kids were younger they had Veterans day off along with several teachers confernce days and they only missed one or two days of school. ( Yeah we let them, they brought their work and they did it every night or on the 4 hour plane ride) It worked out that way because I had a bad experience with the big crowds in April and My hubby told me to look into when it was less crowded. So we did and tried it one season. I have to say we loved it. True the hours are shorter, but for us we spent that time exploring where we were staying and just having fun swimming or riding bikes or doing one of the many other activities that we found at the resort that we were staying at. This year my work schedule won't let me go on vacation until after October when one project reaches the final phase- no schedule slip allowed - so no vacations until the end of the year. So this year November works out for us. Now that the kids are grown we can start our "try all the resorts that we haven't stayed at" tour. So this year we are starting at the Poly- one that I've always wanted to try. Previous visits were the home away from home setting because of the kids.
    Only one hundred seventy eight days and counting down....

Jennifer2003 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I was there the first week of December and it was wonderful. NO crowds at all, except for the Peter Pan Ride ?!?!?!

I just got back from my 5 day trip and we were expecting it to be very crowded and it wasn't. The longest wait i saw was 40 minutes, and again, it was for Peter Pan! BTMRR and Splash were only 10 minutes, Star Tours was a walk on...Test Track was 20 minutes...early May is a great time to go!

Can't wait to do it all again!

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    The slowest time of the year is the monday after Thanksgiving till the week before Christmas. Rarely do you ever need to use a FastPass, most rides are walk on (and PeterPan is not one of them for some odd reason).